Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yumekui Merry, Tailenders Anime Promo Videos Streamed




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Banjo



Joined: 13 Dec 2010
Posts: 479

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Yumekui Merry looks nice, the art reminds me of chibi vampire karin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ashen Phoenix



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1603

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Both of these look tremendously interesting and promising. Can't WAIT to see 'em!

I was hopin' the purple-haired kid in Tailenders was a boy, but all the same, it looks awesome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
enurtsol



Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 10209

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Tailenders is like a mix of Turbo Teen and Oban Star-Racers. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Psycho_Despair



Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 370
Location: Still Trapped in my bookself

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Please let there be english subs on the Blu-ay Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ZipZapZopTitania



Joined: 18 Sep 2010
Posts: 132

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:04 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't going to watch Yumekui Merry, but that trailer looked just like something I would looove. This season seems like it's going to be a good one...I keep adding to my watchlist~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mushi-Man



Joined: 17 Nov 2008
Posts: 1537
Location: KCMO

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:03 am Reply with quote
Wow, at first I thought Yumekui Merry looked like it would be a generic gothic loli show that would do nothing for me. But after seeing that trailer I'm actually starting to get excited for it. I'm hoping that the mood of the trailer is the over all mood of the series. If it's done right it might end up being just a straight up awesome show.

Tailenders looks like a trip that I want to be on... that about sums it up. The crazy animation style really reminds me of Dead Leaves and FLCL, which is always a good thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ChronoBall X



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 383

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:36 am Reply with quote
Mushi-Man wrote:
Wow, at first I thought Yumekui Merry looked like it would be a generic gothic loli show that would do nothing for me. But after seeing that trailer I'm actually starting to get excited for it. I'm hoping that the mood of the trailer is the over all mood of the series. If it's done right it might end up being just a straight up awesome show.

Tailenders looks like a trip that I want to be on... that about sums it up. The crazy animation style really reminds me of Dead Leaves and FLCL, which is always a good thing.


Same here,I'm excited for Yumekui Merry as well,too me this looks like another good super natural anime similar to other shows like Yu Yu Hakusho,Bleach,Soul Eater or Busou Renkin,yeah I know I'm weird comparing this to other super natural animes,but I see potential in this one,plus to top it all off, Keiichi Oku will be the music composer for this anime,who did the music for Digimon Savers and the Ojamajo Doremi franchise Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DangerMouse



Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 1504

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:57 am Reply with quote
Agreed, Tailenders looks great!!

Woah, I almost passed on it but Yumekui Merry looks so much better than I expected in that stylish trailer, I wasn't expecting a supernatural action show, I hope that's what it's like and that the trailer isn't just a tease since the description sounded more like a fantasy romance show. Now I can see why we've got some key staff on this that are pretty versed in action, which is hopefully a good sign that the trailer isn't just a tease. Will need to at least give it a chance to see what kind of show it actually is in reality.

Ah Turbo Teen, loved that show Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChronoBall X



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 383

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:28 am Reply with quote
DangerMouse wrote:
Agreed, Tailenders looks great!!

Woah, I almost passed on it but Yumekui Merry looks so much better than I expected in that stylish trailer, I wasn't expecting a supernatural action show, I hope that's what it's like and that the trailer isn't just a tease since the description sounded more like a fantasy romance show. Now I can see why we've got some key staff on this that are pretty versed in action, which is hopefully a good sign that the trailer isn't just a tease. Will need to at least give it a chance to see what kind of show it actually is in reality.

Ah Turbo Teen, loved that show Smile


From the trailer i've seen,I think Yumekui Merry is a combination of both,I think it's both a super natural action anime like yu yu hakusho and a fantasy rommance all rolled into one,because at the end of the 3rd trailer,Merry was crying and hugging the male protagonist Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DangerMouse



Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 1504

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:43 pm Reply with quote
ChronoBall X wrote:
DangerMouse wrote:
Agreed, Tailenders looks great!!

Woah, I almost passed on it but Yumekui Merry looks so much better than I expected in that stylish trailer, I wasn't expecting a supernatural action show, I hope that's what it's like and that the trailer isn't just a tease since the description sounded more like a fantasy romance show. Now I can see why we've got some key staff on this that are pretty versed in action, which is hopefully a good sign that the trailer isn't just a tease. Will need to at least give it a chance to see what kind of show it actually is in reality.

Ah Turbo Teen, loved that show Smile


From the trailer i've seen,I think Yumekui Merry is a combination of both,I think it's both a super natural action anime like yu yu hakusho and a fantasy rommance all rolled into one,because at the end of the 3rd trailer,Merry was crying and hugging the male protagonist Very Happy


Yeah, you're probably right.

Edit: New 4th trailer is good too Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group