• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime North is in two weeks!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:33 pm Reply with quote
http://www.animenorth.com/
I know I'm going, three days in Toronto at the doubletree hotel, I think its near pearson airport the voice of Sailor Pluto is one of the guests same with Vic Mignogna (dark in DN Angel and lots o stuff)
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Man. I kinda wish they had a few more Japanese guests, though. They've had big names like Hikaru Midorikawa in the past and this is finally my first AN... So I'm just a slight bit disappointed. ^^; I've never been one to just go to cons for guests unless they're ones I REALLY love, but still. Asami Sanada is neat though I guess; though I never really saw Di Gi Charat I do enjoy Rozen Maiden. I could go to her panel and ask her what it's like to work with Puchiko (Miyuki Sawashiro) again in another senvironment entirely. Anime hyper

Whee, rambling. Anyway. Since I moved to Canada (despite my current visiting back in California) I've only attended CN Anime, so I'm excited about Anime North. I was supposed to go last year and never did. u_u Wheeee cons~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jadenthunder

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Man last yr when i went to AN me g/f wwasnt gonna let me out of her sights. 5min walking into the door. Where did shanyn go? O well free!!! they found me 2 hrs later loaded down with like 8 bags of shoping stuff ^^;;

Never got to see much last yr cept for Artist Ally and the Vendors. This year im there all weekend at the doubletree hotel and this yr, i think im coming back with a little more then $200 worth of items ^^;; bad me
Flipnofunk

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:30 pm Reply with quote
is anyone planning on volunteering there i wouldn't mind meeting new people. Im pretty much new to conventions (this will be the first convention) so i'm not sure what to expect haha.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:24 am Reply with quote
Flipnofunk wrote:
is anyone planning on volunteering there i wouldn't mind meeting new people. Im pretty much new to conventions (this will be the first convention) so i'm not sure what to expect haha.

Ahhh, the First Convention. It's always a really fun experience for everyone, i think. I remember the first time I ever went to a con, I just stood in shock for a while thinking, "Oh my gosh, EVERYONE here is an anime fan. Everyone likes the same stuff I do" and it kind of blew me away in a really nerdy way.

Enjoy your first convention-- it's one of those experiences that can stay with you for quite some time, if you try everything, talk to everyone, and just have as much fun as you can. Best to do that before you get jaded. Very Happy
red stranger

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:38 am Reply with quote
I'm planning to go to AN tonight, maybe Sunday. I'll be the one asking all the venders why they don't have more Goemon stuff! Anyway, I hope everybody who's going to be there will have a lot of fun.
ekin13

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 5:50 pm Reply with quote
man, i wish i can go. i was tryign to save up for it but there's a big problem with that plan. i totaly forgot to save ><;
but there's always next yr and this time i'll remember to save up.
red stranger

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Ah! It was good! There were a lot of Jedi cosplayers though, and Santa Claus was there too. I bought to much as usual, but I didn't spend all my money. I also finally got my hands on Cowboy Bebop "The Wind", which is an awsome book.
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:58 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1