• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Is Blassreiter any good?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thedude5000

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:58 pm Reply with quote
I saw the DVD at Best Buy and it looked interesting. Apparently it has something to do with demons infecting people or something? Other than that, I don't know much about it.

If it's in the action vein, then I'm definitely interested.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:10 pm Reply with quote
There's a lot of action but it's more of a drama. The show itself is okay story-wise, not overly good but not overly bad either, though the CG animation is pretty awful looking. I bought it last year but ended up selling it because I knew I'd probably never rewatch it.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:49 am Reply with quote
We have reviews for the entire series here (first half) and here (second half). They should give you a good idea of what the series is like.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
agila61

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
We have reviews for the entire series here (first half) and here (second half). They should give you a good idea of what the series is like.
They do ~ decent series, not brilliant, though it starts with a team fighting a monster a week vibe and transitions into a zombie apocalypse vibe with a couple of rocky patches in the plotting of the first half as it makes the transition. Given the skin tight uniform and exuberant cleavage of the main character Amanda, one might expect a lot of fan service, but it is mostly limited to her character design and that of the green haired evil woman.
hipnox

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:26 pm Reply with quote
the writing is bad. the drama is forced and over the top (eps 13 & 14, im looking at you). the action is extremely fast paced and all in CGI.

the story is meh. the male lead spends 80% of the series either injured or whining.

i don't recommend it.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:47 am Reply with quote
Ah yes that reminds me. The characterization was another one of my complaints with the show. spoiler[It didn't seem to do a good enough job getting me to care about the characters, which is extremely important since it kills off most of them and their deaths don't really mean much.]
tenebrusmke79

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I enjoyed it. Even if there are parts that weren't so good, I still enjoyed it. Then again, I like everything that Gonzo has done recently.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1