• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime News Network Reader Murdered

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WEKS

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 2:33 am Reply with quote
Aw man... terrible, just terrible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
konosuke15

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 2:36 am Reply with quote
the killa is a fuggin IDIOT! KILLING TWO INNOCENT PEOPLE SO HE GO TO HONG KONG! He must feel so ashamed being caught THANKS TO A BLOG ENTRY!!!

May those two rest in peace and the killa DIE IN HELL!!!
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:02 am Reply with quote
This is quite the slap in the face. I had to re-read the headline twice when I came across it because I was sure I had misread it. If only I had...

That Xanga entry is just scary. To think that there he was casually writing about the person who would kill him in a short while, completly unaware of the danger; his biggest concern at the moment being the clenliness of the floor...words fail me.

My prayers and condolences go out to his family and loved ones.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:04 am Reply with quote
This is quite the slap in the face. I had to re-read the headline twice when I came across it because I was sure I had misread it. If only I had...

That Xanga entry is just scary. To think that there he was casually writing about the person who would kill him in a short while, completly unaware of the danger; his biggest concern at the moment being the clenliness of the floor...words fail me.

My prayers and condolences go out to his family and loved ones.
DKL

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:13 am Reply with quote
yeah, it was sort of like looking at the face of death or something... it's incredibly haunting...

I think stuff like this has happened before

there was that guy who killed himself in an overdose while chatting, the people in the chat room encouraged him...

anyone remember that? sends a shiver down your spine
RS4NT_786

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:14 am Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad It's always sad to hear about someones death... Crying or Very sad

May God bless his soul and his sisters soul...
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:23 am Reply with quote
This is sobering news, usually we log on to have a good time and keep things lighthearted as we discuss our hobby, yet such terrible acts remind us of all the ugliness in the world. I hope he was able to enjoy life to the fullest while he was still with us.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:07 am Reply with quote
My condolences to the family and friends. This was a pretty senseless crime that really shouldn't have happened. That blog entry is outright chilling, too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Goshin

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:24 am Reply with quote
Very sad. This is the worst piece of news ANN has ever reported.

My condolences to the family.
Jinkun

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:40 am Reply with quote
Terrible...a fellow anime lover is gone...
my condolences to the family. R.I.P. man
Arkard

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:06 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Who cares.

By the looks of it, a siginificant number of people.
Many here (like steventheeunuch) may point out that people die everyday, in more horrible ways etc. But this is different. The murdered was, in a way, a member of our group. He was an anime fan, studying Japanese because he was influenced by anime. I can relate as anime was a factor in my choice of studying japanese. So he was a part of the tribe. He let us see into his heart by his blog. And now he is gone. Gone by the selfish act of a misguided f*** face who "wanted to get back to HK" (well boo-f***ing-whoo). And his blog entry, just minutes before he died is a msotly disturbing fact, liek someone said: its like looking into the face of death.
Taking all of this into consideration... this death was not a normal one. It was tragic, like all deaths are. But with this particular one, most of us can symphatize. And that makes it even more sad. `Nuff from here.
lovewitches

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:20 am Reply with quote
man... poor thing... Crying or Very sad some people should just be careful. from what i have read, he might have tried to save his sister and got killed for it. he is a hero in a way... i hope he can rest in peace and that god will punish the murderer... Sad Mad
Hi no Neko

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:42 am Reply with quote
Wow.

That's just . . . wow. It's always sad to read about someone dying, especially in the case of murder, but it just has extra impact in a place like this.

Rest in peace.
Kaidan0731

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:43 am Reply with quote
Damn, this was the most shocking report I've ever read. I was totally saddened and angry at the same time when I read this.

And reading through these posts, I really feel some anger towards the murderer in which I have to feel as well. I definitely agree w/ the death penalty as well, hopefully more severe than lethal injection or electric chair. Hanging or beheading would be better in my view.

May their souls rest in peace.
SemicomatoseStudios

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:00 am Reply with quote
I am completely disgusted that this happened. I think we all agree that the blog entry is horrifying; it sounds like such a horror film to be innocently hanging out around the house while a psycho stalks through the halls and rooms. I'm glad to see people express sympathy and compassion here, however, and at least this humble display of that shows some good through it all. I am terribly saddened by this and pray that their souls will rest peacefully, yet I cannot escape the panging anger in my brain that demands an answer for mindless acts like these.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 11