• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Puffy AmiYumi to Sing Pokemon Theme Song

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:28 pm Reply with quote
^^; I'm actually kind of surprise they're on the 8th Pokemon movie. I never realized it was still that popular. Though, maybe the new Pokemon game will bring out yet another wave.
midori kou

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:00 am Reply with quote
Considering it started in japan, I'm not surprised. I mean, how long can Doreamon air there? @__@
coldspider

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:39 am Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
^^; I'm actually kind of surprise they're on the 8th Pokemon movie. I never realized it was still that popular. Though, maybe the new Pokemon game will bring out yet another wave.

pic from the upcoming movie
Coro Coro Scan

and here's the official site

http://www.pokemon2005.jp

you can also view the trailer there.click on the '7MB' or the '26MB' (Quicktime) if you have broadband.
Sketchee

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:33 am Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
Out of curiosity, how would it be PR Hell? I was just saying that if you're going to do a theme song for a show, make sure its sound fits the plot. Bands like Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly are known for their great Irish punk rock anthems; and they use instruments such as bagpipes, mandolins and other classical instruments plus great lyrics that everyone can sing along to. If you don't believe me, listen to Molly's Drunken Lullabies and the Murphys' Black Velvet Band; two songs that would've made great One Piece theme songs (that is if you are into that sort of thing).

What does any of this have to do with pirates? For that matter, since when did an anime theme song have to have an appropriate genre to the plot? Unless the characters are actually musicians themselves, chances are the music is just music anyway you slice it. There would be just as many people unhappy with Irish punk rock (ew)

Besides, what does the J-genre Pop even have to do with Teen Titans?
biliano

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:05 am Reply with quote
coldspider wrote:
pic from the upcoming movieCoro Coro Scan

and here's the official site

http://www.pokemon2005.jp

you can also view the trailer there.click on the '7MB' or the '26MB' (Quicktime) if you have broadband.

So it looks like Mew will be in this movie. I'm curious as to what that blue jackal-like Pokemon is called, and most importantly, what type of moves it has.
coldspider

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:40 pm Reply with quote
It's name is Rukario and it is a Steel/Fighting type.That attack it's using (sphere of light) seems to be new though.
.Sy

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:37 pm Reply with quote
How popular is Puffy AmiYumi in Japan right now?
Zoe

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:13 pm Reply with quote
.Sy wrote:

They haven't been really popular for a long time.
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:37 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:

The games still have pretty solid gameplay. What has always amazed me is how well animated the movies always are. The animation quality from the 5 different random movies I've seen were always better than I expected.

They're also those types of movies that are fun to watch with a friend as you both make loud obnoxious comments in the privacy of your own home. =P
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Mukashi

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 4:31 am Reply with quote
Zoe wrote:
.Sy wrote:

They haven't been really popular for a long time.

There's been some speculation in some corners that this may have been a 4Kids influenced decision, with Puffy AmiYumi perhaps also doing the English theme for the movie, and potentially the next english opening theme for the series.

It's fairly standard for down-on-their-luck J-pop artists and groups to do an anime theme for some cash, but I wouldn't have thought that Puffy AmiYumi would be all that cheap with their current popularity in the US, even if they are has-beens back in Japan.

On a side note, it was a nice ego-boost to see a site like ANN use the site I operate as a news source. ^^;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2