• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Stream Haganai NEXT Sequel Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:13 pm Reply with quote
R315r4z0r wrote:
I was an Elite subscriber once upon a time. Didn't like the service, so I cancelled.

Why do some people think you have to be an EVS subscriber to view Funimation's simulcasts?

You don't, but you are certainly not the first person that seems to have that impression.

SpacemanHardy wrote:
Five bucks says Hetalia season 5 gets announced tomorrow.

It was a good thing I didn't yield to temptation, since I would have lost that bet. Very Happy

R315r4z0r wrote:
I was an Elite subscriber once upon a time. Didn't like the service, so I cancelled.

Guess I'm just gonna have to miss out on this one. Hopefully they do a dub/dvd release. Sad

Why would you have to miss out? They don't require an EVS sub to view simulcasts. Typically, you don't even have to visit Funimation.com if you don't want to, as they post them to Hulu (Senran Kagura and Puchim@s are already there).
Annf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:13 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
Why do some people think you have to be an EVS subscriber to view Funimation's simulcasts?

It looks like there was some confusion about the sentence in the article that refers to a news page limited to subscribers. (EVS subscribers get first access to Funimation announcments.)
potatochobit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:54 am Reply with quote
I can see the day coming where funimation does require a premium subscription to watch simulcasts like the other networks are doing.
their shows on hulu are usually a week behind already.

the article did indeed sound like premium users would get priority viewing privileges for haganai NEXT.

anyway, I activated a premium sub hoping there will be an HD option with haganai NEXT.
I was not really happy with hulu's HQ service option.
but the funimation roku app in HD is gorgeous.
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:50 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
R315r4z0r wrote:

You don't, but you are certainly not the first person that seems to have that impression.

R315r4z0r wrote:

Guess I'm just gonna have to miss out on this one. Hopefully they do a dub/dvd release. Sad

Why would you have to miss out? They don't require an EVS sub to view simulcasts. Typically, you don't even have to visit Funimation.com if you don't want to, as they post them to Hulu (Senran Kagura and Puchim@s are already there).

I watch FUNimation simulcasts pretty often. I know this already. The reason why I said what I said was because I misread the ANN article.

There is a line where it says a link can only be viewed by Elite subscribers, I thought they were talking about a link to the video.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Sadly, while it is being uploaded to YouTube the streams are locked out in the UK, like all the other simulcasts.

Haganai was broadcast during the period when they stopped putting simulcasts on YouTube (i.e. while they were partering with NicoNico) but when the episodes were later uplodaded to YouTube after the series ended they were available to watch here, and still are (likewise for C3).

Prior to that, there were a number of YouTube simulcasts that were unlocked, e.g. Aria, Campanella and Denyuuden.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2