• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Not quite sure how to make a revision to a page.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DRCEQ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Hi there, I'm new at editing information and I'm not quite sure how things will work out. I'm reading all the instructions but there are still some parts that are confusing. Maybe someone else can do this for me.

For the longest time now on the Shin-Chan anime page, I've noticed that two different actors, Sonny Straight and John Swasey, are listed for the same character, Sonny is listed as "Grandpa" and John is listed as "Gin Nohara". Grandpa Gin Nohara, Hiro's dad.

I know that Sonny voices Grandpa Gin, because when I got his autograph in 2011, he drew a picture of the character as well as spoke in his voice.

Last November, I was on the Guest Relations team for a convention that had both Sonny and John as special guests. I asked them for clarification. Sonny reconfirmed that he voices Grandpa Gin, and John sent a text message to the show's ADR Director, Zach Bolton, over at FUNimation to double check. Zach sent back a response saying that John voices Grandpa Yoshirin, Mitzi's father.
Pretty much: this information comes from the highest authority relating to the dub's production.

The page currently lists Eric Vale as Yoshirin, but also has no confirmed source. On that note, I can confirm that Clarine Harp is Miss Katz, Jamie Marchie is Miss Polly, Jerry Jewell is Happiness Bunny, Caitlin Glass is Miss Anderson, Troy Baker is Action Bastard, and Travis Willingham is Kenta (the crazy Kendo instructor). I got autographs for Shin Chan from all of them.

Anyways, following the instructions and guidelines for editing, I don't think I'd have any trouble adding new information, but I don't know how things would go if I tried to correct and remove an error that is already listed. Can anyone help me out?
Rhyono

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Some of what you want to do will require an Encyclopedia Editor. This is the correct forum for such things.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:40 am Reply with quote
If you have information that is not there, scroll down the bottom of the page and click "add information". If information already there is incorrect, click "report an error". If you have conflicting information it is easiest to submit the correct information and flag an error on the existing incorrect credit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1