• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Love-Drama-Romance Anime Series

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sayuri14150

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:32 pm Reply with quote
    Hi, I'm looking for some cool awsome anime that have Schoolkid, Romance, Drama, & not to much Comedy!
    Something like Fruits Basket, His and Her Circumstances, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, Full Moon Ow Sagashite, Fushigi Yuugi, Princess Nine, Pretear, Inu Yasha, Tokyo Mew Mew, Boys Over Flowers, Wedding Peach & some other like these!
    Does anyone know any other anime like these I haven't seen the last 2 Anime series but well be buying them soon. But if there are any other anime like these can you please let me know? all that I have listed here are from my top favorite list!
    I hate Perverted Anime, somewhat is ok but to much not so cool! I dont like Anime if they have to much of perverted or Eichii scence.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
sayuri14150

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:58 pm Reply with quote
    Hi Also here is the list of Anime I've Seen or and the ones I want to see! Also the ones I didn't like at all, liked, or are my most Favorite!

My Favorite! Very Happy
Seen All of Dub Fushigi yuugi 52 Eps + 13 OAV's
Seen All of Sub Full Moon Sagashite 52 Eps but not the, OAV
Seen All of Dub Fruits Basket 26 Eps
Seen All of Dub His & Her Circumstances 26 Eps
Seen All of Dub I My Me, Strawberry Eggs 13 Eps
Seen All of Dub&Sub InuYasha 1st & 2nd Movie
Seen All of Sub Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne 44 Eps
Seen All of Dub Pretear 13 Eps
Watching Dub InuYasha 167 Eps
Watching Sub Tokyo Mew Mew on Eps 47

I Liked Smile
Seen All of Dub&Sub CardCaptor 70 Eps + 1st & 2nd Movie
Seen All of Dub Ceres Celestrial Legend 24 Eps
Seen All of Dub Escaflowne 26 Eps + Movie
Seen All of Dub Full Metal Panic! 24 Eps
Seen All of Dub Infinite Ryvius 26 Eps
Seen Part 1 of Dub Marmalade Boy 19 Eps
Seen Some of Sub Mermaid Melody Pichi Pich Pitch up to 13 Eps Not Good but OK
Seen All of Dub Princess Nine 26 Eps
Seen All of Dub Sailor MoonS 38 Eps
Seen All of Dub Scryed 26 Eps
Seen All of Sub Ultra Maniac 26 Eps + OAV Wasn't good but ok

I Didn't Like At all Sad
Seen All of Dub Ai Yori Aoshi 24 Eps Boring Perverted
Seen All of Dub Chobits 27 Eps Boring Perverted
Seen All of Dub El Hazard 26 Eps + 11 OAV + 13 OAV Boring Perverted
Seen All of Dub Gundam Wing 52 Eps + Movie + 3 OAV's Boring
Seen All of Dub Hack//Sign 1-28 Boring
Seen All of Dub Little Snow Fairy Sugar 24 Eps + 2 OAV Boring
Seen All of Sub Princess Tutu 1-28 Boring
Seen All of Dub Rurouni Kenshin 95 Eps + Movie + OAV's
Seen All of Dub&SubSaint Tail 43 Eps Somewhat Boring
Seen All of Dub Samurai Girl, Real Bout High School 13 Eps Boring
Seen All of Dub Vampire Princess Miyu 24 Eps but not 6 OAV Totally Boring
Seen All of Dub X 24 Eps, but not the Movie Boring

Looking Forword to! Very Happy
Dub Wedding Peach 51 Eps + 4 OAV
Dub Boys Over Flowers 51 Eps + Movie
Dub D.N.Angel 26 Eps
Dub Super Gals 52 Eps
Dub Gundam Seed 50 Eps; 2nd season 32 Eps
Dub Ranma 1/2 161 Eps + 11 OAV + 3 movies
Dub Harukanaru Toki no Nakade 26 Eps + 5 OAV
Dub Twelve Kingdoms 68 or 45 Eps
Dub I'm Gonna Be An Angel 26 Eps
Dub angelic Layer 26 Eps
Dub Yu Yu Hakusho 112 Eps + 2 Movies
Dub King of Bandit Jing 13 Eps

PS. Can you please let me know the kind of Genre there well be to the Anime series?

Last edited by sayuri14150 on Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Well, seeing what your looking for...You should pick up Voices of a Distant Star, unless you dont like mecha/sci-fi. It is really good, and it is somewhat abstract...which was interesting...
Zalis116

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Boys Be--high school romance, occasional fanservice (not on Love Hina/Ai yori aoshi levels)
To Heart--there is some comedy, but it's not perverted
Piano--slow middle-school drama, some romance

(I swear, I don't work for TRSI, even though I seem to advertise their shows a lot on here!)

Sentimental Journey--episodic shoujo series, romance and angst (it's "episodic" in the sense that each episode focuses on a different girl and there's no connection between them)

Saikano: haven't seen it yet, but it seems to be a good serious drama/romance show

Angelic Layer is good--even though it seems to be a fighting show, it's really about relationships and personal growth/development

Please Teacher and Please Twins are romantic comedy/drama, but they're a bit perverted, too.

Hmm, what else. . .Koi Kaze is serious romance/drama, but it's unofficially rated "I" for incest, so viewer beware.
dgreater1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:44 am Reply with quote
If you're name is from Kanon (Sayuri Kurata) then I'd suggest Kanon (Drama-School-Supernatural) - you might have seen it though, and maybe you forgot to put it in Seen All, another would be Air TV (Serious Drama-Super natural), To Heart (School life genre), Tsukihime (Supernatural drama), and Da Capo (Drama-School-Supernatural) these are based on Ren-Ai game just like Kanon. I would also recommend Angelic Layer (Drama-Fiction-School), Kannaduki Mikoto (Drama-Mecha-Shoujo), W ~Wish~ (Drama-Supernatural) and Maison Ikkuko (Slice of Life-Drama), and I My Me Strawberry Eggs (Drama-School). I would recommend Great Teacher Onizuka (Drama-Slice of Life-Comedy-School) too, but you said you don't like stuffs with plenty of ecchi scenes.
philg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:51 am Reply with quote
Azumanga Daioh?? Although you said you didn't want comedy and that's all AzuDaioh is basically...
Well then maybe Ah! My Goddess, hmm... Haibane Renmei if you're looking for something new to try... Can't really think of anything else that's directly relative to what you want, sorry.
angel_lover

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:51 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised no-one's mentioned Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, a.k.a. The Eternity You Wish For, that mainly fits the criteria.
Nirvana

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:13 pm Reply with quote
There's an OAV to Full Moon wo Sagashite?
sayuri14150

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:30 pm Reply with quote
dgreater1 I didn't forget to put Kanon in the Seen All list but I do have it on my list for looking forword! Well I didn't write down my list of Aniem that I'm looking forword to but I thought that I well be able to find some cool dubbed ones.

You see I got many Romances-Drama Subbed series so I thought that I well be able to find some dubbed. but sub is cool I just wish for soem thing liek Fushigi Yuugi, Kamikaze Kaitou Jean, or Full Moon Sagashite.

I like Aniem where the one guy likes the girl who likes someone else and to her he nothing more then a friend or just someone there until they become a couple! Anime smile
But I dont want this to happed soem where int he end because then there isn't much of Romance!
sayuri14150

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:39 pm Reply with quote
[qoute]Hmm, what else. . .Koi Kaze is serious romance/drama, but it's unofficially rated "I" for incest, so viewer beware.[/quote]

I dont think I would want to watch this I read about it on this site this guy devlopes felling for a girl and find out that that girl is his sister but still has feeling I dont like a series where a sister and brother like each other!

Last edited by sayuri14150 on Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
sayuri14150

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Nirvana wrote:
There's an OAV to Full Moon wo Sagashite?

Yea there is but it doesn't go on witht he story or anything it's only... Well here here's the summary to what happens in that OAV! Well it's actully a special my bad Razz

Mitsuki wakes up late, and must rush to a photo shoot. However, in her hury she forgets to bring Takuto and Meroko along. Now they must catch up to her, before the photo shoot begins, despite everything that gets in their way.

Also I think it's more like a game then an episode like the way is says that Now they must catch up to her, before the photo shoot begins, despite everything that gets in their way

Also some one said To Heart I did watch a episode subbed but it was so boring man I thought it would never end!
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:33 am Reply with quote
sayuri14150 wrote:
Quote:
Hmm, what else. . .Koi Kaze is serious romance/drama, but it's unofficially rated "I" for incest, so viewer beware.

I don't think I would want to watch this I read about it on this site this guy devlopes felling for a girl and find out that that girl is his sister but still has feeling I don't like a series where a sister and brother like each other!

That's a shame, because based what I've seen of Koi Kaze so far (the first 2/3 of it), it's the best-written and best-delivered romantic anime story I've ever seen - yes, even over Saikano. It certainly won't work for everyone, but it does handle the potential incest issues VERY delicately.

And speaking of Saikano, it should definitely be on your to-see list, especially if you like serious, tragic romantic stories. It was my pick for the best-written anime series released in the States in 2004.

Voices of a Distant Star, as previously mentioned, is another superior pick, even if you don't much care for mecha (but if Gundam Seed is on your to-see list, then that probably isn't an issue for you). A very melancholy love story with a superb soundtrack.

And a request, sayuri14150: can you drop the use of colored text? You may think it looks cool, but I'm betting a lot of people just find it annoying. Veteran forumites don't use it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
That's a shame, because based what I've seen of Koi Kaze so far (the first 2/3 of it), it's the best-written and best-delivered romantic anime story I've ever seen - yes, even over Saikano. It certainly won't work for everyone, but it does handle the potential incest issues VERY delicately.

Seconded. It's not only well-written; it almost made me feel the pain Koushirou is suffering. Since it has no supernatural or sci-fi element, the story of Koi Kaze is eerily realistic -- it can happen around us.

No, I don't have a young sister. Ahem.

Furthermore, the basis of its story is very scientific. See its trivia section.

OT: Koi Kaze's motto, 本当のに本当のをした, has been sited as an example sentence of the famous English vocabulary book moetan 2.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Chiroptera Rex

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Koi Kaze looks very interesting. Key's review on the first DVD was very well written and sold me on the series. I'm going to look into purchasing it when it's fully out at the end of July.

Of course, I have to buy the last four DVDs of Gungrave and the last two DVDs of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex at the same time. *sigh* An anime junkie's thirst is never sated.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Chiroptera Rex wrote:
Koi Kaze looks very interesting. Key's review on the first DVD was very well written and sold me on the series. I'm going to look into purchasing it when it's fully out at the end of July.

Of course, I have to buy the last four DVDs of Gungrave and the last two DVDs of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex at the same time. *sigh* An anime junkie's thirst is never sated.

Heh, wait 'till you see my review on the second volume, which is in the review pipeline right now. My review of the first one was mild in its praise compared to this one. Very Happy

I wouldn't count on the last volume being out by the end of July, though, given that the second volume was three weeks late. I know it will be my top-priority purchase whenver it does come out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3