• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Lain old edition/new edition

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theowner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Im aware of a few editions of lain, but not sure the value or the rarety of each.

First there is this signature series box set from genion, seems to go for around $40, but im not too interested in SS, i see some people try to pass this off as being from 2001?

Then i see this box that is really blue, not too sure about this but im pretty sure its more limited, I've seen an ebay auction calling it the Limited Edition ABe box?

And I've heard about some Lunch box edition.

Anyhow anything you can tell me about the Blue box set would be helpful. Release date, value, rareness etc.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:51 pm Reply with quote
From what I can find there's four different versions of the series in boxed format. The original Pioneer boxset (The blue one), the signature series one (which I have), the lunch box one which is out of print, and one released out of Singapore under a company named Odex Private Limited.
theowner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:52 pm Reply with quote

this is what i need info on. is this the original non-signature series edition?

is it limited in any way?

thanks
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Yes, it's the original and acording to http://www.dvdaficionado.com/ it's not out of print, but I doubt if Geneon/Pioneer still makes them now that the series is out in "Signature Series." If you have a chance to get it and don't mind paying extra (cheapest is $76.80 at www.overstock.com ) for it than go for it, but make sure if you're buying it from someplace like E-Bay it has the correct number of discs (4), otherwise you may end up with a bootleg. The signature series box is less expensive ($39)though the "box," and I use the term loosely, is kind of crappy, being just thin clear plastic, though it does do it's job of holding all four volumes good enough.
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Im actualy thinking about buying the cheeper one. But there is one box I think, the lunch box one which was metioned by kruszers, has the bes cover art; where she is sort of leaning against a wall or something, in a takntop or beater. But I'm cheap so....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1