• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Soul Eater Anime to Run on Adult Swim's Toonami Block

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:35 am Reply with quote
Great news.....I still can't get over the spoiler[ending though. It has to be one of the worst conclusions to a fight that I've ever seen. It's right up there with Naruto vs Pain.]
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:39 am Reply with quote
Great addition!
Even though I already have the Complete Collection, I'll stay up and watch it on TV. One of the few times I don't mind watching commercials with my anime.

getchman wrote:
StrawHat313 wrote:

A question for anybody who watched this before. Who's the real main character in this show?

Excalibur

FOOL!
Maka and Soul are the primary protagonists.
Black☆Star & Tsubaki are the secondary heroes while Death the Kid and the Thompson sisters (Liz & Pat) are the tertiary protagonist.
As the show progress, other Meisters and Weapons are included. spoiler[Also, Dr. Stein is so awesome.] Cool
victor viper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:41 am Reply with quote
Now this makes sense. I would have thought a show like this would have appeared on Toonami long before, say, Casshern Sins.
Mikeski

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:41 am Reply with quote
halo wrote:
Quote:
TV GUIDE, YOU’RE AN *******.

THE NEW SHOW IS… SOUL EATER!!!

We held it off for as long as we could, but we guess in the digital age, there’s no stopping spoilers! Anyway. The new show IS Soul Eater, and it begins when Samurai 7 ends! Promo next week. We love you.

-Toonami crew.

Why the hell are they determined to keep what the new show is under wraps as long as possible? Wouldn't it make more sense to advertise at least a couple weeks in advance?

A) Yes it would, since I'm sure this is a serial, and missing the first episode (or any episode, really) wouldn't help the viewer.

B) It's a network for kids acting like kids, as expected. "***hole"? I doubt TV Guide sent ninjas to [as] headquarters to steal their schedule. TVG knew about it because [as] told them about it. This is a publicity stunt to look cool and edgy... woo, we can curse out the magazine that your gramma used to find out what was on the TV.

So, Halo: Are you not entertained? ... yeah, me neither.
marcos torres toledo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:54 am Reply with quote
I am looking forward to the airing of Soul Eater and I finally geting into Tenyi Moyo GXP I remember the first three series they have decided to play this time for laughs an I am geting the hang of it. Very Happy
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:56 am Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
Good job toonami (lucky for people in the states)---as for Canada....**** you YTV

Stop reminding me, please.

I wanted to believe that when Toonami came back (if it came back) years ago, that YTV would bring back Bionix but I guess we can't have that, can we?

Well, there's always the option of watching it via my friend stream it. Even though it's nothing like watching it on actual TV. Sad
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:58 am Reply with quote
halo wrote:
Quote:

We held it off for as long as we could, but we guess in the digital age, there’s no stopping spoilers! Anyway. The new show IS Soul Eater, and it begins when Samurai 7 ends! Promo next week. We love you.

-Toonami crew.

Why the hell are they determined to keep what the new show is under wraps as long as possible? Wouldn't it make more sense to advertise at least a couple weeks in advance?

They are terrified of the show leaking and everyone running to watch it on Hulu or Netflix.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:04 pm Reply with quote
halo wrote:

Uh... this is a couple weeks in advance.

Mikeski wrote:

A) Yes it would, since I'm sure this is a serial, and missing the first episode (or any episode, really) wouldn't help the viewer.

The first few episodes are just character introduction episodes. Episode 1 also introduces a bit of what the kids are supposed to be doing (though it never gets brought up again, oddly enough). It's actually not as serial as you think, and they give enough recap during arcs that you don't miss much if you miss an episode.

Quote:
B) It's a network for kids acting like kids, as expected. "***hole"? I doubt TV Guide sent ninjas to [as] headquarters to steal their schedule. TVG knew about it because [as] told them about it. This is a publicity stunt to look cool and edgy... woo, we can curse out the magazine that your gramma used to find out what was on the TV.

Yeah, I'm not impressed with [as] overall, and especially not the profanity they're using with promoting Toonami in various places.

Also, I'm rather annoyed they picked this up. Why? Because I just finished watching it on Netflix up to the point it diverges from the manga (and then continued with the manga, why can't the library get me volume 12 faster?!!!?!).
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
halo wrote:
Quote:

-Toonami crew.

They are terrified of the show leaking and everyone running to watch it on Hulu or Netflix.

Or worse, buying or rewatching the DVD or Blu-ray sets so they can watch anytime without commercials. Laughing
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:11 pm Reply with quote
So Toonami is just going to tap Funi for anime but at less it something good
Reibooi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Now this is a great pick up and great fit for the block but I gotta wonder why they are airing it so late. I mean it should be right after Bleach as that is the only other show on there airing new episodes. Most fans watching Toonami have likely already seen Naruto so I don't think it would be a big deal to move it back one spot so Soul Eater could get a better spot.

Either way Toonami must be doing well enough. Most predicted it would not survive past the end of last year and with Soul Eater I assume they have quite a bit of life left in them which is of course a very good thing.
Tylerr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Watched it, it was alright.

But since AS only airs dubs i won't bother rewatching it.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Yep, Soul Eater is definitely the kind of anime Toonami would go for, and since it's one of the more well-known titles, maybe it'll help bring some money to them. Glad to see Toonami's still going strong! I still wish they'd put Vision of Escaflowne on the block. They've been trying to get that for years if what I've read is correct.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Tylerr wrote:
Watched it, it was alright.

But since AS only airs dubs i won't bother rewatching it.

That's a shame; this has quite a good dub.

In fact, I was so put off by Chiaki Omigawa's performance as Maka I switched to the dub in episode 1 and never looked back. Laura Bailey does a great job.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Keichitsu0305 wrote:
Even though I already have the Complete Collection, I'll stay up and watch it on TV. One of the few times I don't mind watching commercials with my anime.

I wholeheartedly endorse this idea. Anime on TV is barely a novelty anymore, so whenever something of quality comes along, please watch the ever-loving bejeezus out of it. Or at least DVR it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6