• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Username Change

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragosvr92

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Greetings,

Would it be possible to have my username changed please?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:24 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:14 pm Reply with quote
^
Actually it is very much possible to change a username, but Admin are hesitant to do so. They don't want users changing their names so that other people don't recognise them anymore, nor do they want heaps of people changing their names willy nilly when it isn't necessary for them to do so.

TheKiller92, you should have been more careful when making your username. It's not like you made it years ago when you were at a different stage of your life. You've only made nine previous posts and have only been a member for less than a week, so you might as well start a new account. It's quicker and easier than changing your current name and there are no rules specifically against having more than one account, so long as you don't use the old one(s).

However, if you really must have your name changed your best bet is to PM Dan42. He's a busy man, but if you're polite and have good reasons why you need the change then he might consider it.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:16 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
You've only made nine previous posts and have only been a member for less than a week, so you might as well start a new account.

It's 2013 in this hemisphere Wink
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:19 am Reply with quote
It's 2013 in this hemisphere too.

Gah, I hate making such stupid mistakes like that.

TheKiller92, I extend to you my apologies. Sorry.
Dragosvr92

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Actually it is very much possible to change a username, but Admin are hesitant to do so. They don't want users changing their names so that other people don't recognise them anymore, nor do they want heaps of people changing their names willy nilly when it isn't necessary for them to do so.

I know that. I know the phpbb software a bit.
I am not much of an active poster, with a huge reputation or something. No one will notice i changed it.
And, if i did. I could mention in my signature that i had it changed.

I see no reason of having more than one account per site.
I dont like to fill peoples databases with useless contents like an user that will never be used anymore..

I have chosen the nickname, TheKiller(92) back in 2008, when i was 16.
Recently i finally decided that i'd better use my real name instead of this dumb one Very Happy

I will contact Dan42 in a few minutes. Why would i be rude, lol?
I dont see whats there to consider. Its a simple process that wont take more than one minute.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:58 am Reply with quote
I think I can relate to wanting to wishing to rectify a action done during one's teenage years, especially years later you realize how irrational that was.

At 21 in TheKiller92's case, I don't blame him for wanting to change a name he choose as a teenager. It's not a bad name, but I imagine it's not a unreasonable request.

However, as this has been said before, Dan42 is a busy man, but I am sure if your politely upfront with him, he may very well just change your name this one time.
Dragosvr92

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:38 pm Reply with quote
My username was changed earlier today. I will throw some thanks again toward dan. Laughing
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Congratulations. I'm happy to see that Dan42 listened to your request.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Congratulations Dragosvr92, seems that Dan42 was able to change your username. That is pretty cool news.
Dragosvr92

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:46 am Reply with quote
aYup. Thanks you two. Smile
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1