• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ebay Question

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:50 am Reply with quote
OK, I've been buying some stuff off of ebay, but not for atleast a couple weeks now. But today I got a package in the mail that I didn't buy. Its from a seller I had bought from earlier thow. I checked my account and my credit card, and there's nothing. I didn't accidently buy it and no one got on my account. So the only thing I can think of is that it was a mess up with seller and he sent it to me instead of the person it was meant for.

So my question is, do I have to do anything with it? Should I contact the seller? Or just say its a happy accident. The seller is in japan, and I don't have the money or patience to ship it back, and it was difficult communicating with this person when I was dealing with the thing I bought from him.

Last edited by Bright_Spear on Mon May 20, 2013 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saffire

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:56 am Reply with quote
Well, at the very least you should contact the seller and let them know that a package may have gone astray. Legal implications aside (and there probably are some), that package is intended for someone, and they're going to want to know why their purchase hasn't arrived. If they want it returned, I would request assistance with the shipping costs since it's their error, not yours.
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:09 pm Reply with quote
I agree with Saffire's suggestion, but if you don't get anywhere trying to contact them, you could always deliver the package on to the address it's intended for. Just out of curiosity, is the place it's meant to have gone near you or far away?
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:15 pm Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
I agree with Saffire's suggestion, but if you don't get anywhere trying to contact them, you could always deliver the package on to the address it's intended for. Just out of curiosity, is the place it's meant to have gone near you or far away?

I don't know. It has my address on it. I think they printed off the wrong address and sent it out without checking it. My last order was from this person so that's what I'm thinking.
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Ah right, my mistake. I thought it'd been sent to your place even though it had the wrong address on.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:13 pm Reply with quote
It got lost in the post... It could be anywhere Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:19 pm Reply with quote
I'd contact the seller and if he wants you to return it or asks you to send it on to the person that actually bought it, ask him to transfer money to you so you can do that. And if he doesn't get back to you, just forget about it. Seriously, things get lost in the mail all the time. It's his fault for not checking the address before sending it out.
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:57 am Reply with quote
I guess they don't want it back. Haven't heard back from them. Don't know what to do with it seeing I already have this figure.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Sell it on ebay Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:25 pm Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:

I'd just end up sending it to the wrong person and never getting my money. Smile
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Bright_Spear wrote:
TsunaReborn! wrote:

I'd just end up sending it to the wrong person and never getting my money. Smile

Haha true, but it was free in the first place Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1