• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Visual Art's/Key Head on Hypothetical Rewrite Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:04 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Not Little Busters or Clannad level, but thats to be expected since its not Jun Maeda writing it anymore.. but still very enjoyable.

Jun Maeda didn't write Rewrite? Then it is almost certainly superior to Clannad and Little Busters!, although that's not exactly difficult to do.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:56 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
Not Little Busters or Clannad level, but thats to be expected since its not Jun Maeda writing it anymore.. but still very enjoyable.

Jun Maeda didn't write Rewrite? Then it is almost certainly superior to Clannad and Little Busters!, although that's not exactly difficult to do.

Nah, Maeda took a break since he basically exhausted all of his ideas into Clannad and Little Busters (though he did write Angel Beats, but thats a much less extensive work than a 60 hour VN). Main writer for Rewrite is Romeo Tanaka, whos mainly known for Humanity Has Declined, Cross Channel and Yume Miru Kusuri. One of the routes is written by the Higurashi/Umineko guy too.

As a result, Rewrite has a lot more of a battle shonen feel and the emotional scenes don't really have the impact of a Clannad or Little Busters. Theres a couple times I thought were sad, but overall thats really not the focus.
neji3994

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Glad to know they are considering an anime adaptation for Rewrite so I'll play the game if they announce it... Still waiting for information on Angel Beats VN because if they really create it I'll play even in japanese if needed.

Just noticed that it's really WHITE FOX that did the opening for the game so if they manage to adapt it like they did for S;G it would be pretty good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2