• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: K-On!! Cassette-Shaped MP3 Player Offered in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The American Average

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:36 am Reply with quote
that kinda cool but not my cup of tea.
Juhachi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:55 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The player will be pink

As much as I'd love to sport my pink K-On! mp3 player that looks like a cassette player, I think I'll have to decline. It actually sounds pretty cool for someone who likes K-On!, but didn't they think some otaku will be discouraged from buying it if it only comes in pink?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:06 am Reply with quote
It's a pure collectible. Otaku will buy it because it'll resemble something from the show. Like how otaku bought the headphones Mio wore in season one, or the specific pencil that Ritsu uses... and each of the cast's respective instrument as well. That's pretty much what the point of this new line seems to be. Banking off of products/items that are featured in hit anime.
RisikaFox

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:32 am Reply with quote
If I had money to spend, something like this might interest me. It's a fairly reasonably priced collector's item, and it's cute. But as it's an MP3 player, for $35 I hope we're getting at least 2 or 3 gigs of memory.
mudduck454

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:38 am Reply with quote
Juhachi wrote:
Quote:
The player will be pink

As much as I'd love to sport my pink K-On! mp3 player that looks like a cassette player, I think I'll have to decline. It actually sounds pretty cool for someone who likes K-On!, but didn't they think some otaku will be discouraged from buying it if it only comes in pink?

it will look like the pink cassette you see at the commercial break spot in the show, not a cassette player, they have made mp3 players that look like cassette before, and they were made for people who still had cassette players in their car, the player would be inserted in to the cassette player and it would transmit the music through the stereo

here this is what they might look like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOqnKvaVGgw&feature=player_embedded
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
It's a pure collectible. Otaku will buy it because it'll resemble something from the show. Like how otaku bought the headphones Mio wore in season one, or the specific pencil that Ritsu uses... and each of the cast's respective instrument as well. That's pretty much what the point of this new line seems to be. Banking off of products/items that are featured in hit anime.

For 480 bucks? They better be some rich Otakus. As for me, I would be first in line for that if not for the price.

EDIT: Oh, that's for the player and an Azusa jumper jacket, which I don't care for. So 35 bucks? SIGN ME UP!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sacto0562

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:50 am Reply with quote
I'd like to know why K-On! has such strong "otaku" appeal even now....

But still, this is going just a tad far in terms of the craze over this show, in my humble opinion....
OtakuExile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Juhachi wrote:
Quote:
The player will be pink

That's the thing English guy, "Think" and "Otaku" don't go together. Actual Otaku BUY, BUY, BUY! There's going to be a ton of boys with pink Anzu jackets too. Hilarious.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1