• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Media Play B&M stores Question

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sts9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:29 pm Reply with quote
I just discovered that Media Play has a very nice anime and manga selection (well, anime seemed more okay than nice). So I was wondering, do they consistantly have good clearance & other discount promotions? Also, is there DVD trade-in value any good?
Mach5Motorsport

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Retail prices at Media Play are about the same as Suncoast. The used selection varies and prices can be a little on the high side, depending on the title. However, it might be what you need to complete your collection of a given series. At the Milpitas location, the used inventory is pretty good at times. Just check back every so often.
sts9

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Mach5Motorsport wrote:
Retail prices at Media Play are about the same as Suncoast. The used selection varies and prices can be a little on the high side, depending on the title. However, it might be what you need to complete your collection of a given series. At the Milpitas location, the used inventory is pretty good at times. Just check back every so often.
Thanks for the knowledge & tips, but I'd still like to know if they have do clearances (I did see about 4 or 5 things on sale - but it was totally pathetic). And has anyone ever traded in a DVD to Media Play?
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:44 am Reply with quote
DVD tradeins can vary at Media Play, today one guy broght in 6 DVDs and only got $17.00, while another guy traded in 5 DVDs and got $37.75.
Mach5Motorsport

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Trade-ins with retailers like Media Play and EB Games will always favor the store. If you are trying to get something close to or at least a "fair market" price for a used anime dvd, I would try to post on bulletin boards or anime clubs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1