• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2011-02-23

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:29 am Reply with quote
Robin,

Your comic always brightens my day! Very Happy
animefan1238

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:18 am Reply with quote
And the plot thickens! This was a great comic. Is it just me or is Nina cute when she gets a little flustered. I can't wait to see what happens in the next strip.

*Saying it as if its the end of a perilous Pokemon episode*
Will all three of our heros come to a reconcile? Or will it be a free-for-all to see who's the better news elf? Stay tuned for the next episode!
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:26 am Reply with quote
The next comic will probably have an Archie news elf dressed in that vest he used to wear. And then Alan Moore magically appears and scares the elven loving shit out of them all.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:34 am Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
The next comic will probably have an Archie news elf dressed in that vest he used to wear. And then Alan Moore magically appears and scares the elven loving shit out of them all.

Especially if it's this Alan Moore...
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:41 am Reply with quote
Generic #757858 wrote:
prime_pm wrote:

I...I think I...want to buy it...whatever it is
Shenl742

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:17 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if this was inspired by Eric Powell's recent whining about mainstream comics?
The Xenos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Aaaaaaw sh---.... Now the superhero fanboy elf is on the scene. Nothing good is coming of that. Three elves enter... who will survive!

It's sad how many people are like this. Hell, just the other day my roommate was saying how stupid American comics were compared to the far superior manga of Japan when another roommate and I were complaining about something DC Comics was doing. Of course, there's plenty of cape fans who turn their nose up at all manga. I'm sure there are plenty of indie hipster who rage against anything mainstream. They can't see all three are all the same damn thing.

There's no reason to label yourself and confine the medium to chiches or whatever stereotypes pop culture thinks the medium is. As Harvey Pekar said, "Comics are just words and pictures. You can do anything with words and pictures." If you want muscle men in capes beating the crap out of each other, that's what it is. If you want a harem of giant breasted school girl ninja robots originally printed in Japan, that's what it is. If you want a pretentious analysis of the geopolitical structure of New York City by way of a homeless man and his pigeon in a self published zine, that's what it is. It's still all the same medium. And all three sub groups have their fair share of turds as well as their gems.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:24 pm Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
Generic #757858 wrote:
prime_pm wrote:

I...I think I...want to buy it...whatever it is
Stupid sexy loli Alan Moore.... It's like he's wearing nothing at all.. nothing at all.. nothing at all..
Jozoiscute

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:34 pm Reply with quote
I LOL....
Very Happy
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Too funny. Big tittied-little girls? Things have sure changed. The last debate I had was about speed lines, big eyes, naked drawings and that the Japanese were all perverts. But notice how Andy and Nina sort of get along. They shared one topic the 'Batman' anime. Crossing both sides. Kind of like the madness of NYAF and NYCC. Oh gawd, I don't think my heart could take this year.
Paploo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:24 pm Reply with quote
ELDRAGON wrote:
I thought Seth was gonna be the News Elf for American comics in general but its funnier to have one for each type.

Having one for each type is spot on. A 3 way argument between diehard superhero, indy and manga nerds*? This can only end like that infinite "Free Hugs" strip 0_o

*mind you, there's lots of us who like all kinds of comics in generall Smile But yeah, there's some wierd people who only think 1 kind of comic is good rather than looking at comics individually.

Either way, great strip, really loving this storyline Smile
Youkai Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Great comic this week, loved it! Even though I myself am an anime and manga fan, I do have to say that all comics, manga, indie/alternative and superhero have one thing in common: they're all niche. Having said that, poor Nina, she's been caught! Laughing
BleuVII

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:28 am Reply with quote
Robin, I will give you mad props if you manage to include the phrase "There can be only one." Very Happy
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:29 am Reply with quote
Cute strip, Nina was adorable when she tried to defend herself! I wonder if Kevin will ever meet these new 'contenders'?
Cheesecracker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:22 am Reply with quote
Let the Elven mating ritual begin...

...and so fulfilling the prophecy...however, once an elven maiden chooses a mate she loses all her powers and packs on 40lbs from eating the male which she kills during the act of consummation from which the Child who will become the Ultimate News Elf...one capable of delivering news of any subject...thus uniting all the Elven tribes...delivering peace to the news world and finally sealing away the nine-tailed fox(channel?).

(I'm just going to apologize in advance for that Smile )
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3