• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
midnighteve

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:47 pm Reply with quote
This is going to be super vague, (I apologize in advance!) but I was sitting down at dinner, talking to my mom about how I want her to watch more anime with me. She replies back:

"You know, the first anime you ever showed me had a lesbian flying through the air! And then you showed me Sailor Moon."

I think you can imagine my wtf face at that point o_O;;; Anyway, can anyone possibly think of any anime that might have that sort of element in it? I highly doubt it would be anything within the last 10 years, but I'm up for anything here. Note that her definition of "lesbian" could just mean "girl that looks like a boy". And no, I can't get any other details out of her...that's all she remembers about it. (Thanks in advance!)
EricDent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:16 pm Reply with quote
For the grenade robot only thing I can think of would be either some Mega Man boss or maybe an obscure Transformer/GoBot toy?

For the "flying lesbian" did you ever show her Nausicaa? Cause the girl in that is pretty boyish looking. Other than that no clue.
Tris8

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:09 pm Reply with quote
midnighteve wrote:
"You know, the first anime you ever showed me had a lesbian flying through the air! And then you showed me Sailor Moon."

I think you can imagine my wtf face at that point o_O;;; Anyway, can anyone possibly think of any anime that might have that sort of element in it? I highly doubt it would be anything within the last 10 years, but I'm up for anything here. Note that her definition of "lesbian" could just mean "girl that looks like a boy". And no, I can't get any other details out of her...that's all she remembers about it. (Thanks in advance!)
Lol! Anime hyper Possibly Kurau: Phantom Memory but that's 2004..... Oh! It could be Spirited Away! Haku definitely looks feminine, the first time I showed it to one of my friends she thought he was a girl until he first spoke Anime hyper.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:19 pm Reply with quote
I've been watching various Tenchi Muyo! shows recently. Ryuko looks somewhat lesbian and she flies through the air.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:31 am Reply with quote
midnighteve wrote:
This is going to be super vague, (I apologize in advance!) but I was sitting down at dinner, talking to my mom about how I want her to watch more anime with me. She replies back:

I'm gonna take a REALLY random guess and say Miyuki-chan in Wonderland. Pretty sure it was mostly her flying/falling around, getting hit on my female takes on the Alice in Wonderland cast. That's what I seem to remember, anyway...
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:34 am Reply with quote
I'm gonna write a gag dub script for YuruYuri, and I want one of my jokes to a mock on how Yui and Kyouko are the prototypical "Straight Man - Funny Man" duo. So, that said, I need 12 duos that I can reference in each episode. I have probably the three most obvious ones already, so I just need 9 more:

1. Miu and Chika - Strawberry Marshmallow
2. Chiaki and Kana - Minami-ke
3. Yomi and Tomo - Azumanga Daioh

So, yeah, that kind of dynamic is what I'm looking for. INSPIRE ME, PEOPLE!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:27 am Reply with quote
The Elric brothers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tris8

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:13 am Reply with quote
Watanuki and Doumeki
Touma

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:41 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
"Straight Man - Funny Man" duo.

How about Sosuke and Kaname in Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu?
Kaname may not be the best funny man but Sosuke is a great straight man.

And, Kagami and Konata in Lucky Star.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
turtlesushi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:32 pm Reply with quote
I need help identifying an anime I saw in an AMV. I'm talking about the part at 1:03. It is also the image in the thumbnail. The link is below. Thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hSRrpSwNuY&list=FLHqAIicWbh7mrIEzyg_FEhw&index=1
mrdumpling

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Hi I'm looking to identify a couple of anime series that I think were japanese that were on in korea in the early 90s pardon me if my memories are hazy.

1.there was one about a duck..
who constantly said "HEEEEEEEELP MEEEEEEE"

2. there was one about a little boy with a pet squirrel who became friends with a blue alien girl and give her the flying squirrel
there was another one.. where this little boy who ends up becoming

any help is appreciated thanks!
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:13 pm Reply with quote
turtlesushi wrote:
I need help identifying an anime I saw in an AMV. I'm talking about the part at 1:03. It is also the image in the thumbnail. The link is below. Thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hSRrpSwNuY&list=FLHqAIicWbh7mrIEzyg_FEhw&index=1

It's from Knights of Ramune & 40 Fire. If you looked through more of the comments on the video, people there listed all the anime that were used in the video.
kami1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:22 pm Reply with quote
hi every one i would like to ask if any one knows if there is going to be a season two of guyver tyhe bioboosted armor
EricDent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Well considering the original OVA version was back in 1986 (or so) and the series was 2005. You might have to wait awhile.

Though I kind of doubt it, considering that that 2005 version is soon going to be a SAVE title (meaning it did not sell well enough to be a "classic"). Plus even though the manga is still going (that I know of) it is published at a rather odd schedule (IE when the creator feels like it).

So in other words don't get your hopes up.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:25 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
"Straight Man - Funny Man" duo.

Perhaps:
Miharu and Yamada - B Gata H Kei
Mio and Ritsu - K-ON
Mio and Yukko - Nichijou
Tomoya and Sunohara - Clannad
Yuuji and Yoshi - Baka to Test
Kyon and Haruhi - Haruhi Suzumiya
Salsa and Ritos - Shukufuku No Campanella
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 341 of 569