• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Adds Dawn of the Arcana, Pokemon B&W Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
If that last X omnibus has the "Volume 18.5" chapters included then it would definitely be worth buying, doubly so if the omnibuses are unflipped.

Took the words right out of my mouth, comrade. Here's hopin'!! *crosses fingers*

Also, I am all about Arcana getting licensed! Only read a smidgen of it online but I'm already in LOVE with the art. Thank. You. Viz.
biolizard_alpha

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:10 am Reply with quote
The Pokemon one can't be Adventures/Special because the tankobons aren't anywhere near Black and White. The most recent one that came out a few days ago in Japan just finished Diamond and Pearl.
Saturn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:40 am Reply with quote
Paploo wrote:

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2011/02/22/we-chat-with-dark-horses-michael-gombos-about-their-manga-publishing-program/

DH announced omnibuses for both series in this interview, and will apparently aim to release them later this year. They've also picked up the FLCL manga.

Between this news and VIZ announcing their new titles for later this year, there's lots of good manga news to go around, which is nice after a bit of bad news lately.

sweet! I hadn't heard there were going to be Tokyo Babylon reprints. That makes me super happy Smile
Wiesteria

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:56 am Reply with quote
Saturn wrote:
sweet! I hadn't heard there were going to be Tokyo Babylon reprints. That makes me super happy Smile

Tokyo Babylon and Angelic Layer. Shocked That is pretty damn good news for Clamp fans. Personally, though, I'm probably not picking up either releases. I'm not too big a fan of the Dark Horse omnibuses (but then I don't like omnibuses in general) and I do not believe they will be able to top Tokyopop's version of Tokyo Babylon. And while I liked Angelic Layer well enough, the ending killed the series for me. It was too insipid and ridiculous to be forgiven.

I wish Dark Horse can reprint some of Clamp's lighter titles like Duklyon or Clamp School Detectives. These are more for laughs than anything earth-shattering, but since they are really short, a single omnibus for each series would be sweet.
Paploo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:14 am Reply with quote
Wiesteria wrote:
Saturn wrote:

Tokyo Babylon and Angelic Layer. Shocked That is pretty damn good news for Clamp fans. Personally, though, I'm probably not picking up either releases. I'm not too big a fan of the Dark Horse omnibuses (but then I don't like omnibuses in general) and I do not believe they will be able to top Tokyopop's version of Tokyo Babylon. And while I liked Angelic Layer well enough, the ending killed the series for me. It was too insipid and ridiculous to be forgiven.

I wish Dark Horse can reprint some of Clamp's lighter titles like Duklyon or Clamp School Detectives. These are more for laughs than anything earth-shattering, but since they are really short, a single omnibus for each series would be sweet.

I think it just leaves the CLAMP School-world titles, Wish, Suki and assorted 1shots OOP. As Dark Horse is licensing these titles directly from CLAMP themselves, I imagine if there's interest they'll look into reprinting those titles too. [I think TP still has reprinting rights for Legal Drug and RG Veda, though I imagine that depends on CLAMP]
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:06 am Reply with quote
What a coincidence, I was just looking up the X/1999 manga on Amazon yesterday! I definitely plan to pick up those omnibuses. Along with Dark Horse's reprint of Tokyo Babylon, great news. I already have all of Angelic Layer, Wish, Magic Knight Rayearth and Legal Drug (though I haven't read any of them yet, except for starting Vol. 1 of Angelic Layer). Dawn of Arcana sounds really interesting, I'll check out the first volume at some point. Viz, please reprint Cheeky Angel, Osamu Tezuka's Phoenix and Please Save My Earth (as in the manga, I'm not actually asking you to save the world or anything).
malvarez1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Redlinks wrote:
I look forward to reading Pokemon BW and Mameshiba. Now if only VIZ would finish some of their hiatus titles instead acquiring new ones. Wouldn't that be nice. =)

This. I want more Reborn!

Also, I am glad that Angelic Layer is being re-released.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:42 am Reply with quote
Reimei no Arcana / Dawn of the Arcana sounds interesting. Has anyone read it and care to share their opinion on it?
Genet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:09 am Reply with quote
More Ono Natsume! Yes! HAPPY TIMES Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2