• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bryce Papenbrook, Cherami Leigh Lead Sword Art Online Dub Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JackCox

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:09 pm Reply with quote
LovelyUchuujin98 wrote:
The dub is probably going to ruin the show completely

Congratulations you can join the millions of other like-minded group thinkers who repeat the same old crap even though they haven't bothered to even watch one episode.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:11 pm Reply with quote
MadMan400096 wrote:
Probably gonna sell it on sets that cost over half a thousand freaking bucks. Rolling Eyes

They're not importing the Japanese release on this one (which does not have English subtitles or a dub). It's probably going to be expensive, but not that expensive.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:12 pm Reply with quote
I predict a release more similar to either Durarara, the Baccano Blu-ray, or Madoka Magica. Still waiting on a new Blue Exorcist DVD...
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:13 pm Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
^ It will be on Neon Alley if I'm not mistaken. I'm personally waiting for the DVD release since I don't have Neon Alley, or even a way of watching it.

Looking forward to this. The cast looks dead-on! Very Happy

I ain't the one thinks this dub could be awesome nevertheless it's should be good as such an overrated anime.

It's a matter of time when Funi and neo-ADV VA's take center stage in Cali soon.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:21 pm Reply with quote
LovelyUchuujin98 wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
LovelyUchuujin98 wrote:

uh, how?? You haven't heard the dub. Also it's not like Japan is perfect when they dub our stuff too.

Well, personally I'm not a fan of English dubs. Also the casting for the leads seem very odd.

Well Japanese dub has share of not good voice acting, if you don't know Japanese then how can you tell if the Japanese voice is good or not. As I said, bad voice acting exist in Japanese language too (ie: Beast Wars, and Modern Warfare 2 JPN dub are an example). Also a lot of well-known seiyu do dub on our stuff too, wouldn't you want to hear Japanese dub of our stuff because I would.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:30 pm Reply with quote
BlackJaded wrote:
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
^ It will be on Neon Alley if I'm not mistaken. I'm personally waiting for the DVD release since I don't have Neon Alley, or even a way of watching it.

I ain't the one thinks this dub could be awesome nevertheless it's should be good as such an overrated anime.

It's a matter of time when Funi and neo-ADV VA's take center stage in Cali soon.

Um... no they won't.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:39 pm Reply with quote
I might watch this if only for novelty value.

Quote:

That's not difficult given that the show is already absolute shit.
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
BlackJaded wrote:
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:

Um... no they won't.

Okay then just watch
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:

Source?

That's the first I'm hearing about it from anyone. It could be that you've confused it with Fate Zero's dub though.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:45 pm Reply with quote
BlackJaded wrote:
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:

only if they all move to California
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:59 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
BlackJaded wrote:
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:

only if they all move to California

Then there(s) this thing called lining up eggs in whole basket in other words having contacts close and keep interest with strong with those who're wanting to work with you.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:13 pm Reply with quote
That's... actually quite a surprising choice. I mean, Kirito was either going to be Bryce Papenbrook, Johnny Yong Bosch or Yuri Lowenthal but Cherami Leigh as Asuna? Did not expect that at all considering it's a Bang Zoom dub. Still, good casting choice nonetheless.

I don't care much for the show, but I do want to hear Cherami Leigh as Asuna. I'll definitely watch it if only a for a few episodes just to see how it shapes up.
LovelyUchuujin98 wrote:
There are so many negative things I could say about this one sentence that it's not funny. But people have already said 'The show wasn't that great in the first place' and 'You haven't seen the dub'. So I'll refrain from commenting on it
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:09 pm Reply with quote
I am a fan of Cherami Leigh's work, but I do not place her as Asuna at the moment. We will see how it turns out. It is good to hear news about the Sword Art Online dub, but I wish Aniplex USA had talked about the release format. This good looking series needs a BD release.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:10 pm Reply with quote
LovelyUchuujin98 wrote:

Too late.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Cherami Leigh as Asuna?! That seems odd as I'm used to her playing more spirited, intelligent, independent characters with backbone, that is to say characters that are all but antithetical to the "paragon of the modern Waifu" that is Asuna. The Kirito lead was a shoo-in, everyone called it lol, but I would have expected the Bang/Zoom equivalent to someone like Caitlin Glass to play Asuna.

From spirited (and rather annoying) Gaige to the ultimate Waifu. How the mighty have fallen Sad Rolling Eyes

Still I'm glad to see that she isn't disappearing from anime, being swallowed up by the anime acting abyss that is CA, as has happened by and large to no small number of actors.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5