• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
CNAnime 2005 Aug 26-28th (Toronto)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kinnonyee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:37 am Reply with quote
I saw the other post, so I thought I'd just make a more official announcement:
Event: CNAnime
Dates:
Fri Aug 26th 4pm - 10pm
Sat Aug 27th 10am - 7pm
Sun Aug 28th 11am - 6pm
Included in the event:
Some of the events include Anime Karaoke, Anime Name That Tune, Anime All Night, Canadian National Gundam Model Building Contest, Celebrity Guests including Scott McNeil and Nobuyoshi Habara (Director of Fafner and DNAngel), Concert by ANGELA, and the popular Masquerade/Cosplay event hosted in the John Bassett Theatre (where Canadian Idol is filmed)
Past guests have included Mika Akitaka, Touma Yumi and Fred Gallagher
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:47 pm Reply with quote
^^; The inclusion of past guests just serves to depress me. There's no one as cool as Yumi Touma this year, dammit. Anime hyper

I should be going to this again (my first one was last year), but it depends on money. >/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kinnonyee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:05 am Reply with quote
lol... Unfortunately, I have nothing to do with the guestlist. Our main attraction is Angela's concert this year, as it's going to be in the Bassett theatre. Can't have seiyuu every year unfortunately :p
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:06 am Reply with quote
There were none last year either. ;____;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Flipnofunk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:05 pm Reply with quote
sx_aino wrote:
Michi wrote:
There were none last year either. ;____;
You so pretty are you from japan I am it is so cool but right now I am in California lol. Hey if you want to check out my cool website it is www.geocities.com/hiroakisan sayonara.

that was random Laughing

anyways i was just wondering kinnonyee if you where one of the staff organizers? because i was wondering if any emails where sent about volunteer postion at CnAnime?
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:48 pm Reply with quote
I was going to go last year but I was away that weekend, Isn't it a comic book/sci-fi con as well? I went to anime north this year, cn looks amusing but i can't go, o well
kinnonyee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:49 pm Reply with quote
I am one of the staff, but not the volunteer organizer. He'll be sending emails out to all the volunteers soon, or should have already (the volunteer meeting is soon).

If you're interested in volunteering for this year, I believe the deadline has passed, but I'm not certain as volunteers are handled by a different part of Hobbystar. Go to the website to find out more about it.
kinnonyee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Well... CNAnime is an anime convention of comparable size to North, which is rolled in with a Gaming (TCG, etc...), a Scifi, a Comic and a Horror convention, so essentially, it's 5 conventions in one, and takes up a massive amount of floor space..
Flipnofunk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:04 pm Reply with quote
i was just wondering because i sent a email awhile back concerning the volunteering info thanks for replying back though
chrismage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:43 am Reply with quote
I put the other posting up about this particular convention, defintly going already have my ticked and have booked a hotel,cant wait to go,itll be great!

Calling in sick that friday,lol.....cough cough bos im not feeling well not coming in today *gg*

christa
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
kinnonyee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:47 am Reply with quote
Just a few more things...
The Angela concert will be available and free to all pass holders for Saturday's convention. Geneon will also be there to hand out freebies, promotional materials and other prizes at the concert!

And finally, I'll quote Andrew Huang's post in AnimeonDVD's Forum:

08/23/05 07:26 PM
(This'll be on the Geneon Lounge soon if not already. Just want to make sure you folks here will see it.)

Summer’s drawing to a close, and we’re going to see it off in style at Canadian National Anime Expo (CNAnime) in Toronto. Not only do we have plenty of our shows being screened (check your schedule for details), we have angela, who did the music for Stellvia and Fafner, playing a concert, the director of Fafner Nobuyoshi Habara as a guest, a company panel, and autograph sessions. Take a look:

· Q&A session with Fafner director Nobuyoshi Habara, 11am on Saturday, 8/27, Panel Room
· angela concert, 4pm on Saturday, 8/27, John Basset Theater
· Q&A session with angela, 1pm on Sunday, 8/28, Theater 3
· Geneon Entertainment panel, 2pm on Sunday, 8/28, Theater 4
· Daily autograph sessions with Nobuyushi Habara and angela – be sure to check your schedule for times and locations.

Be sure not to miss these panels, as we’ll be having special giveaways at each of them for the fans. In addition, we’ll have lots of free goodies like trailer reels, Fafner cards, and other things at the Geneon booth in the dealer’s room, where you can find plenty of our DVDs and CDs for sale.

--------------------
Andrew Huang
Business Development Administrator
Geneon Entertainment (USA) Inc.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1