• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Severing Crime Edge (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 3
Kashiko kinda reminds me of Aika-chan from Blast of Tempest in terms of appearance for some reason. Ha, the scene in that room with Iwai and Kiri was the funniest.

>What are we going to do all night? *insert giggles here*

There's definitely some interesting information revealed by Kiri this episode that was a bit thrilling. The fight in the second half was okay I guess. To me though, the dialogue and soundtrack were the highlights there and that little black screen text added in between.

Overall, I kinda enjoyed the latest episode tbh.

So I'm not the only one who thought she looked like Aika! I'm really enjoying this show! If a show can stir your emotions purely by having one of the characters getting a hair cut, I say that its going to be a good show.

This episode was very interesting as well. I loved Iwai's face when she was wondering what they were going to do all night, so what do you do when you spend the night at your female friends house? spoiler[Play UNO]

spoiler[For the hammer guy, I truly don't believe he killed himself. One of the characters in the opening seems to be in possession of a noose of some sort. I'm calling it now, that he probably took care of the guy. ]

I could easily marathon this entire series, the wait has already been painful. Does anyone know how many episodes this show will have? MAL says 13, but other places say 12.
Parse Error

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
spoiler[I'm calling it now, that he probably took care of the guy. ]

I had originally assumed it was because spoiler[he had lost his killing tool], but that's a rather compelling observation and your theory does sound even more plausible.

As for this episode, although they could and really should have had more fun with the premise of this series, things did come within spitting distance of what I was hoping for so it was quite satisfying. I also liked the lack of painfully obvious and annoying censorship, which is seldom actually necessary, and more often a sign of those producing an anime knowing they are making a piece of crap that isn't worth owning unless the broadcast version was rendered unwatchable. While this certainly doesn't automatically mean it's going to be good overall or successful, it's encouraging when its creators have some confidence in their own work for a change.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3

It was a good episode, although I feel a little split on them showing that spoiler[she wet herself], perhaps because it felt rather cheap more than her sounding afraid enough. Perhaps it was brave or something, but it just felt off to me.

What I do like is how I lead seems to have his mood changes, like whenspoiler[ her hair got long] he looked pretty... aroused? Although I would like some explanation of he suddenly got cool when he took on hammer time, whether he took on some aspect of the scissors, or he was good putting on the act.
Parse Error

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:14 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
he looked pretty... aroused?

I have no idea where else I might have been looking at that particular moment, but it certainly would fit in with the ongoing and very unsubtle metaphor equating spoiler[cutting her hair with having sex]. His spoiler[supakillapowa] was probably due to some combination of Crime Edge and what was latent in his own blood.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:20 am Reply with quote
Continues to be a fun show for me, although I coulda done without the scene of Iwai spoiler[pissing herself.] Oh well, another fetish gratified for some peeps, I guess. Let's just hope she never gets spoiler[scared shitless,] at some point.

Boy, did the expression on Kiri's face when he assured Iwai spoiler[that he wasn't evil ever not fit his words.] DuskyPredator, if you read this could you do one of your famous screenshots to show everyone what I mean?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:17 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Boy, did the expression on Kiri's face when he assured Iwai spoiler[that he wasn't evil ever not fit his words.] DuskyPredator, if you read this could you do one of your famous screenshots to show everyone what I mean?

Famous screenshots? I just spend a lot of time on Google Images, and now I am being talked up because Haganai had some great material to work with that I was going through. But of late I have been looking up Adventure Time, or am I supposed to keep the shots to the series in question?

Too much pressure, and I don't even know what I apparently do. So being tiered I will just link this picutre which I think encompases my feelings on not being bad despite appearance. Actually that version sucks, it makes me want to go actually take a better shot by putting the DVD on and screen shotting a better one, but then I realize that I leant my DVD out several hours ago, and I should be using something more connected to the series anyway. I should be much lazier than this, even a recent update on IE allowed me to spellcheck so that I even give the appearance of taking the effort in spelling words.

Regardless, I suppose I should be getting to the point. Lame puns will save me, I guess I could always take the piss out of the series.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:44 am Reply with quote
Damn you, DP, for making me go through all this effort

Anyhoo, that's the facial expression I'm talking about - the one he has just after assuring Iwai that he's "not insane."
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:03 am Reply with quote
U MAD BRO?

Now that you post that pic I do remember that scene, even came across the same picture, and took note of both.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:20 am Reply with quote
No, I'm not mad, bro.

*inserts "don't worry, I'm not insane" pic from above*
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:08 am Reply with quote
kinda disappointed he didn't start spoiler[parrying the sledgehammer with his scissors]. was still a pretty cool confrontation though.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Continues to be a fun show for me, although I coulda done without the scene of Iwai spoiler[pissing herself.] Oh well, another fetish gratified for some peeps, I guess. Let's just hope she never gets spoiler[scared shitless,] at some point.

After the first episode introduced the hair fetish, and the second introduced the injection fetish, I realized/hoped that a new fetish would be introduced each time. It has not disappointed me yet. I just didn't expect it to be with Iwai again.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:40 am Reply with quote
Rhyono wrote:

After the first episode introduced the hair fetish, and the second introduced the injection fetish, I realized/hoped that a new fetish would be introduced each time. It has not disappointed me yet. I just didn't expect it to be with Iwai again.

You're apparently not a fan of Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog

spoiler["The hammer is my penis."]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:47 pm Reply with quote
EP 4

We meet 4 new characters; spoiler[a blind Author, a deaf Instead, a vigilante Author and a cop Instead that likes being hanged.] So far they seem to be on Iwai's side.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:02 pm Reply with quote
*looks through the list*

Ah, here we go.

*checks off spoiler["asphyxiation fetish"]*
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4
Cut #4!

HHHGGG Iwai-chan is so short and cute. Of course going back to an earlier talk, I'm still spoiler[curious on who killed Iwai's father.]

The episode felt kinda slow and relaxing for me. One of the characters introduced for some reason reminds me of Eureka (from Eureka Seven) in terms of appearance. The piano tune played in this episode was smoothing and nice to my ears.

I definitely do not trust one of the guys in this episode btw though. Oh and a police officer? Mirai Nikki vibe heightening now.

spoiler[Justice is my name] Pfft.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 19