• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:23 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed the second episode. This is a title I am quite liking. I guess I can't get enough of haughty, long-haired beauties who have an inner core of sweetness. Just finding the whole mix working really well for me.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Me, too. This is a show that I look forward to seeing every week. The MC reminds me a lot of my high school self, in some ways anyway. And the two club members are both smart and amusing.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3

So much for possible love interest in that blushing cutie. spoiler[It is a boy]! And has to keep putting the spoiler[feelings of attraction away, because it is a boy], poor guy. He is practically spoiler[Hasuta] level.
CrisisXVII

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm loving this show, loving all the characters and how each have their own special brand of comedy: Hiki has his hilarious inner monologues, Yukino has her cold attitude (and the verbal jousting between them is always entertaining), and of course Yui with her occasional ditziness and penchant for rambling. I'm glad I decided to try this show, as it was originally on my 'maybe' list.

So onto my thoughts on episode 3. I'm so glad Yukino was around to spoiler[put Yumiko in her place with the verbal shaming and tennis beat down!] it was definitely one of those 'Hell Yeah!' moments. I was also surprised that Hiki was given a brief moment to shine as he's portrayed as the ultimate loser (after Yoshiteru of course). Also the Saika gag coupled with Hiki's thoughts was just too funny.

I really felt for Hiki though. It's starting to seem like his excuses are just a cover, for instance when spoiler[ he was left out of the Tennis practice at the start as nobody paired up with him and he made it out to be a great scheme of his to be alone, when in fact it wasn't by choice.]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:40 am Reply with quote
EP 4

I loved this episode, it was probably the best one so far. It was interesting to see Hachiman have an iphone. You would except a socially awkward person like him to have those typical flip phones, since he barely uses it. Also why does he have a purple ipod Nano when he can just use his iphone to listen to music? The beginning reminded me of how Kodaka treated his little sister in Haganai. Neither of them would bat an eyelash if they saw their little sister in their underwear.

Hachiman's interactions with Saika are funny. Even Hikki has a hard time not falling for the trap.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:53 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

Well I feel quite a bit more certain that spoiler[Yui has a crush may in fact be] Hachiman, wait that is seriously his name I think I will stick with Hikki. Actually I might have just got a theory. *rewinds episode to the beginning* Very Happy The spoiler[owner of the dog] looks mighty familiar. That is what we call foreshadowing, especially when we piece it with the fact the owner apparently spoiler[made sweets that he never got, and Yui wanted to make cookies for a certain someone]. I kind of hope he doesn't notice any time soon as he might really mess it up.

Saika is too much to handle, there seems the real chance that Hikki is going to accidentally confess, and I am not exactly sure that Saika will turn him down. But on that topic, the highlight of the episode has to be when the normal looking female classmate has a spoiler[switch flipped and goes into BL fangirl mode]. Laughing

Hikki was less bullied in this episode, so I am happier. And I do like the real possibility of them getting on despite how it may look, Hayato thinks so. And on Hayaoto, was that discussion with his friends really being said, or was it some sarcastic dub over on Hikki's part.
Wrathful

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:04 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 4
the highlight of the episode has to be when the normal looking female classmate has a spoiler[switch flipped and goes into BL fangirl mode]. Laughing

Yep that one is easily the most memorable scene. This anime I like and I enjoy Hachiman's inner dialogue.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:21 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
The spoiler[owner of the dog] looks mighty familiar. That is what we call foreshadowing, especially when we piece it with the fact the owner apparently spoiler[made sweets that he never got, and Yui wanted to make cookies for a certain someone]. I kind of hope he doesn't notice any time soon as he might really mess it up.

There is one problem with your theory. spoiler[Yui's cooking tasted horrible, hence why she went to the club. Hikki's sister ate all of the sweets that person gave and she said it was delicious. I think it is going to be that white hair girl who made an appearance in this episode. The one that was about the open the door but left for the roof.]
Clarste

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:42 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
The spoiler[owner of the dog] looks mighty familiar. That is what we call foreshadowing, especially when we piece it with the fact the owner apparently spoiler[made sweets that he never got, and Yui wanted to make cookies for a certain someone]. I kind of hope he doesn't notice any time soon as he might really mess it up.

There is one problem with your theory. spoiler[Yui's cooking tasted horrible, hence why she went to the club. Hikki's sister ate all of the sweets that person gave and she said it was delicious. I think it is going to be that white hair girl who made an appearance in this episode. The one that was about the open the door but left for the roof.]

spoiler[Who said they were homemade? The flashback made it blatantly obvious that it was Yui walking the dog.]
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:47 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed the MM! anime and this seems like it would be similar.
Recommend? :3
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
I really enjoyed the MM! anime and this seems like it would be similar.
Recommend? :3

If you are asking if we recommend this show because you liked MM, well I am not entirely sure. I guess it is similar, but at the same time I feel like it avoids many of the traits of such shows.

Although perhaps it could be described a bit like MM meets Haganai.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Clarste wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:

spoiler[Who said they were homemade? The flashback made it blatantly obvious that it was Yui walking the dog.]

Oh right I forgot about that possibility. Well that makes sense since she spoiler[ called him by Hikki even though they never talked with each other before. That would also explain why she looked so sad when he mentioned the accident. I hope she wins in the end Smile][/spoiler]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:14 pm Reply with quote
I also heard a further addition to the theory from my brother. spoiler[Yukino appears to be the sort of character that also comes from a rich family, I can't remember if this has been confirmed or not though. But could it have been Yukino inside of that expensive looking car getting driven to school?]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:50 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I also heard a further addition to the theory from my brother. spoiler[Yukino appears to be the sort of character that also comes from a rich family, I can't remember if this has been confirmed or not though. But could it have been Yukino inside of that expensive looking car getting driven to school?]

Hmm but wouldn't spoiler[Yukino also visit the hosipital if it was her car?]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:00 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Hmm but wouldn't spoiler[Yukino also visit the hosipital if it was her car?]

But it would have been spoiler[her driver]. But I do theorise that perhaps it did spoiler[have an effect like having her decide to keep a distance from classmates].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 19