• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dark Horse Adds Angelic Layer, Tokyo Babylon Omnibuses

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holangjai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm liking the fact that all this CLAMP is resurfacing again this year. New X omnibuses, Angelic Layer, Tokyo Babylon, Dark Horse continuing CCS and Maybe finally putting out Rayearth. It's going to be an eventful year!
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:22 pm Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
Angelic Layer for me definitely. I already have Tokyo Babylon. I wonder if they'll put Angelic Layer into 1 book or 2?

I would figure 2 omnibus volumes. Five volumes is likely much thicker than most people would ever want to hold for any length of time, and that's before we even consider the added weight from usually larger pages.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Tokyo Babylon takes place before X, right? Perfect timing with Viz's omnibus also coming. Can't wait to pick up both. Still need to get CCS.
cultnirvana

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:13 am Reply with quote
Ah, great. Rayearth and the second volume of CCS will be definite purchases. Was a little worried when my pre-orders failed to come and the online retailers hadn't updated the release dates.

I have all of these titles, but will most likely buy the new editions as well. Tokyo Babylon (even though the previous editions are great), X (let's hope they aren't just unflipped but retranslated as well, to the same levels as the VIZ Ikki/Sig stuff) and CCS are definites.

bahamut623 wrote:
Tokyo Babylon takes place before X, right? Perfect timing with Viz's omnibus also coming. Can't wait to pick up both. Still need to get CCS.

Yeap. X takes place in, well, 1999, and Tokyo Babylon in 1990-1991 and focuses on two characters who go on to play a big part in X.
DTJB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Cool beans. Now release more Kodansha stuff.
Genet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:55 pm Reply with quote
I hope they could someday re-release the Chobits omnibus in the same size as the Clover and CCS omnibus. The sizing is godawful and has made me completely reluctant to buy it.

I hope they keep the trim size for these series- I'm looking forward to it.
Paploo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:42 pm Reply with quote
DTJB wrote:
Cool beans. Now release more Kodansha stuff.

Neither were Kodansha titles- Tokyo Babylon ran in Wings [which is Gentosha? I think] and Angelic Layer was a Kadokawa title that ran in Shonen Ace [home of Evangelion]. I'm assuming DH licensed these directly from CLAMP instead of either pub though- they do that with many of their manga.
Happiness for Subaru
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:57 pm Reply with quote
EEE! Thanks for digging this thread up. This news completely flew by me. Totally looking forward to this!!!

Off to worry about my CLAMP Omnibus Fund...
Paploo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Happiness for Subaru wrote:
EEE! Thanks for digging this thread up. This news completely flew by me. Totally looking forward to this!!!

Off to worry about my CLAMP Omnibus Fund...

Yeah, sometimes licensing news fades away quickly in the realm of forums/manga fandom. This is definitely something fans need to know.

FYI- Viz also announced a new X/1999 3-in-1 omnibus edition, which should be 6 volumes long and include colour pages, and unflipped art.
Happiness for Subaru
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Paploo wrote:
FYI- Viz also announced a new X/1999 3-in-1 omnibus edition, which should be 6 volumes long and include colour pages, and unflipped art.
Any word if they'll include volume "18.5"?
Tsuruya-San

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Awesome news about Angelic Layer and X/1999 as I can finally read the rest of them Very Happy As I'm missing a few volumes of Angelic Layer and have only got the first volume of X. Both are definite buys for me, not sure about Tokyo Bablyon as I already got the volumes for it. But I might end up getting it anyway.
DTJB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Paploo wrote:
Neither were Kodansha titles- Tokyo Babylon ran in Wings [which is Gentosha? I think] and Angelic Layer was a Kadokawa title that ran in Shonen Ace [home of Evangelion]. I'm assuming DH licensed these directly from CLAMP instead of either pub though- they do that with many of their manga.

Very well then. I assumed that since some of their titles were from Kodansha, these would be as well. My previous statement still stands. Some of TokyoPop's best stuff were from Kodansha, pick them up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2