• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yuyushiki (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:29 pm Reply with quote
I also gave this a Very Good. A beach episode was a good way to end the season. Yui has a surprisingly large bust. The school uniform hides it well, as it seemed like hers was only slightly bigger than Yukari's and Yuzuko's.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:47 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
I also gave this a Very Good. A beach episode was a good way to end the season. Yui has a surprisingly large bust. The school uniform hides it well, as it seemed like hers was only slightly bigger than Yukari's and Yuzuko's.

Well, they did mention that Yui had a growth spurt. Plus, it does seem that her bust is a bit more noticeable at the end when they went back to school at the end of summer vacation.

The last episode actually gave me that little melancholy feeling that I used to get at the end of summer vacation back when I was going to school.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (final)

And so it has ended, I actually had a couple tears in my eyes over it ending, the melancholy choice was good. A slice of life/ cute people doing cute things, be able to make me have some tears over it ending shows that it was successful, and it was not that it was actually sad.

The great part of this series was that it actually felt like a bunch of friends messing around, two of them messed around with teasing the innocent one, Yui, but she was the glue and it never got mean. They would make stupid jokes, and then actually laugh at them, something you surprisingly don't see very often.

Another way I would describe this series is as YuruYuri lite, I mentioned in an earlier post that some seiyuu are the same, but there was also a yuri feel, although it was not quite harsh as the other series. Similarly I would say that both have an underused secondary cast, although YuruYuri focused heavier on its in the second season, which raises my hope for a second season to Yuyushiki. Although I don't think Yuyushiki quite needs it at the moment, it was terribly cute to watch without being "hey, we are cute", I would probably say that the animation contributed to feeling more natural. Like with its OP it never tried to be huge, and perhaps that is why it is enjoyable, although success in sales will be a question. On the downside it did often have some failures, some jokes fell flat, and that death talk was off-putting.

Actually there were a bunch of characters revealed in the last few minutes that I thought would frustrate me, but I looked at it instead as a case that I had not seen all aspects of those characters yet, and gave me a sense that there is no end. A lovely show about a group of friends mucking around, and find interesting facts, I too will rate this series as Very good.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:34 am Reply with quote
ANN lists this as a 13-eppie show with another one to be broadcast on July 2, but I guess that is a mistake. Eppie 12 certainly felt like a finale and it brings us back full circle since I believe the show began on the first day back from summer vacation.

Anyway, I'll give this one a rating of Good. Only the presence of Mom-sensei saved it for me from being merely Decent. There was a lot of good stuff in it, but there were a lot of moments of boredom or irritation for me, as well. It was rare that an episode flew by for me.

Still, I found it enjoyable enough that if there is a second season I'd watch.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:08 pm Reply with quote
That was a pretty funny beach episode, especially the various reactions Yui and Yuzu had. This gets an Excellent from me. I looked forward to this show every week, and it's kinda sad to see it go.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6