• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Why no spanking?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anymouse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:00 pm Reply with quote
There are so many fan-fictions that involve spanking, and so many fan parodies and amateur comics that do so as well, so why isn't there more spanking in the bag of stuff to appeal to the audience?

Are their really more people into cat girls than young teachers wielding a ruler?

It could even be combined with lolicon and give a good justification for nudity in the plot.

Some of these crappy fan service shows would be worth my time if they could give me a spanking per episode. It really only takes about 5 minutes at most.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Are their really more people into cat girls than young teachers wielding a ruler?

You won't find many Catholic based fetishes in works from Japan. You're far more likely to see anthropomorphized creatures from Japanese folklore and religion, like nekomata into catgirls.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Anymouse wrote:
There are so many fan-fictions that involve spanking, and so many fan parodies and amateur comics that do so as well, so why isn't there more spanking in the bag of stuff to appeal to the audience?

Because those interested in such things are only a very small minority?

Actually, this is something that isn't common in hentai anime/manga and doujinshi, either - and considering how much S&M and other fetishes populate such fare, that's rather surprising.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Anymouse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:39 am Reply with quote
True. But in a sane world it should be larger than lolicon, particularly considering you can have the real life version a lot more easily than with lolicon.

There are some pretty good Japanese spanking art and comics posted on animeotk.com
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:03 am Reply with quote
What do you mean a sane world? The world is bigger than your perspective and each country/culture has its own set of fetishes that dominate in media.

That site is just Westerns drawing their fetishes in an anime style. It's not Japanese art.
Anymouse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:13 am Reply with quote
There are quite a few posted on that site who are Japanese, namely Akanamazu [NSFW], and all the rest listed here [NSFW].

I just think it is interesting to note that no one has decided to green light a show based on a comic like that. Watch the fangirls with their Yaoi paddles squeal!
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:23 am Reply with quote
Well this topic is creepy.

Spanking is one of those fetishes that seem to be primarily western/American. Sort of like furries.

And I for one, am glad of that.
Anymouse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:28 am Reply with quote
Oh, there seems to be plenty over there. It just doesn't get talked about enough.

Furries: we can all be glad furries aren't popular in Japan. Imagine how creepy the hug pillows could get.

People would actually want a Madoka Magica Kyubey sex doll.

Now, Shinji and Asuka getting a bare bottom paddling from Misato starts to sound downright sane, doesn't it?
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:05 am Reply with quote
Well Monster Girls are pretty popular there, and I'm not just talking about catgirls, though that is the most popular by far.

Those are pretty close to furries......though some are just slimy and some are scaley.....while others are carapacey...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:03 am Reply with quote
I do remember some spanking appearing in Kanokon, quite a saucey scene.

Oh and there was that little bit in Fairy Tail where Makarov spanked Lucy.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:45 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Well this topic is creepy.

Spanking is one of those fetishes that seem to be primarily western/American. Sort of like furries.

And I for one, am glad of that.

Kind of like futanari in Japan. And I, for one, am glad of that (But no, we need more spanking!).

Also, there is tons of furry art in Japan and on pixiv. It's just beyond the Western anime fan's radar.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:21 am Reply with quote
Is there somebody that can seriously argue that any country, region, culture or cult can outdo the Japanese when it comes to weird fetishes?

Seriously.

That said I don't think that Japanese parents favor spanking as a regular pactice. Most of the children I have observed seem to be brought up in such a way that doesnt require it. Their culture seems to grow the ability to learn behavior without the pain stimulus.

It does happen in real life occasionally and even in anime. I can't remember the title but there was one magical girl who commented that even though she was 17 "my mom still spanks me." Then there is poor Hakafu from Ikki Tousen who seemed to get it regularly but as her mom says "I know you enjoy it." Keitaro from Love Hina finally got fed up with that brat kid and was going to spank her before he was stopped. The list can probably be extended quite a bit beyond my memory.

And then I can I can think of a lot of anime girls who could be improved quite a bit with a good spanking. But that's one of the reasons why there is a lot of fan fiction out there isn't it?
Anymouse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:12 am Reply with quote
Yes, I have heard spanking was never as well favored there, especially by the more well off parents. In schools they never really seemed to use it to any extent either. But that doesn't mean that some producer doesn't need to make some of this fan fiction to the TV.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:46 am Reply with quote
Anymouse wrote:
Yes, I have heard spanking was never as well favored there, especially by the more well off parents. In schools they never really seemed to use it to any extent either. But that doesn't mean that some producer doesn't need to make some of this fan fiction to the TV.

I think you're entirely missing the point. If it's not popular even as a fetish in Japan then what value would there be in making an anime that catered to such a tiny demographic?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Am I correct in recalling Miu getting spanked at some point in Strawberry Marshmallow, or is my memory playing tricks? It's been a while.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2