• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
HENNEKO (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OldPilot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:24 pm Reply with quote
When are the new episodes for this aired?
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Sometime on Sunday JST
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:56 pm Reply with quote
I think Azusa spoiler[is starting to fall for that hentai Youto after this episode]. Well, that mask looks kinda weird but the episode was cute.

OldPilot wrote:
When are the new episodes for this aired?

Saturdays (Sundays in Japan). They're generally subbed pretty fast only a few hours after release.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:05 am Reply with quote
ep.3
spoiler[yoto still trying get to talk to azusa but not open the door even tsukiko tried but no door open so yoto meet tan girls about what they said to azusa.

give reveal azusa was victim of being bullied cause to skip school a lot & plus they made a lie about a field trip which in cost that azusa have trust issues with people.

so yoto finally hear it all decide bust the door get azusa to outside meet stony cat had some talk & make-up cue azusa make a wish yoto got his facade back with azusa now starting to trusting people again with yoto.

tsukiko give recall past memory wearing mask meet yoto before the wishing give masking wearing is all for kindergarden kids she want have fun & be a teacher to them.

so forward to now give tsukiko see yoto & azusa all patch-up then show yoto her pic designs of cat story give another flashback masked-cat give yoto can't recall yet wonder what is tsukiko prob with steel queen? ]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3

Kids can be unintentionally cruel, poor Azusa. Not that it looked quite unintentional in the previous episode. But it all went pretty good, Youto took Tsukiko's advice and spoiler[decided to let his words do the talking] (that does not sound quite right) and took the spoiler[risk at being totally honest]. That was pretty awesome, Youto showed that he spoiler[actually had no romantic feelings for Azusa, going against the grain of what could just be a long running misunderstanding, and Youto got his façade back]. I honestly expected that to be stretched a lot longer.

But as interesting as Azusa is, Tsukiko is much more so. Her character was magnified this episode at showing flashbacks where spoiler[she met him in the past, although he does not recognise her as she was wearing masks]. I think it was cute how she was acting quit spoiler["angry" when she wore the Oni mask, but was acting cutely cat like with the cat mask]. I just love the character for things like the total lack of emotion shown despite what is underneath, and then showing her total other side. her jokes are funny too, I wonder if it is her taking advantage of being able to be deadpan now.

Who stands the biggest chance of becoming a couple, I am quite happy that it looks like Tsukiko and Youto, especially since Azusa actually has the look of a female lead typical of this type of show.
ZorgonXtreme

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:06 am Reply with quote
Azusa was adorable in her pajamas and yes, I appreciate the feet shots.

So. Now that Yoto has his facade back, I suppose working on getting Ts-whatever her expressions back. But who took them? What did she offer to the Stony Cat? A meat bun?

Interesting.

I did honestly feel bad for Azusa when she was spoiler[sitting at the airport, all alone.] Though they didn't have any ill intentions, Yoto was right: those girls should apologize to Azusa face-to-face.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:12 am Reply with quote
Anyone else notice the massive plot hole?

Azusa could not have possibly taken his facade because she'd had her facade for weeks or months, a lot longer than the one night he had lost his facade.

I don't expect nor do I require this show to be a Masterpiece, but come on, such a glaringly obvious plot hole should never have made it past the first draft of the Light Novel.
ZorgonXtreme

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:19 am Reply with quote
She had HER facade for a long time. Not Yoto's. We don't really know what she was like before that belt around her neck (though we're sure to find out now).

The two girls talked about how funny her reactions were and that's a clue to how she had a facade before, a different one that I'm guessing she didn't care too much for after she transferred and thus got Yoto's.

Something like that, anyway.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:30 am Reply with quote
No, she had his facade. It was stated that her collar was the same as the dude's belt which is the whole reason he went after her in the first place. And of course when she lost the facade she lost her collar and the dude gained his belt back; that isn't a co-incidence.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:44 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Anyone else notice the massive plot hole?

Azusa could not have possibly taken his facade because she'd had her facade for weeks or months, a lot longer than the one night he had lost his facade.

I don't expect nor do I require this show to be a Masterpiece, but come on, such a glaringly obvious plot hole should never have made it past the first draft of the Light Novel.

You bring up a good point. She was able to maintain her "ojou sama" look because she had his facade of not being able to speak one's mind. So she was easily able to fool everyone by not getting angry at the constant confessions. But she has been an ojou sama since before he went to the cat statue.

Last edited by WhiteHairGirls on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:47 am Reply with quote
It may look like a plot hole, but there is a reasonable explanation. I actually thought about it earlier when he said that she had his façade now.

She did not appear in the series until he gave away his façade. We can only guess that her façade was not as good as it was before, perhaps she struggled at times, and so she sure to turn down advances, but it became easier to do so after the wish. During the time with the wish she found herself not needing to try so hard anymore, why kind of accepting someone to get kind of closer to her could happen. Through events she realized that it just was not worth trying hard to look the way she was, so she reverted to how she was at the end of the latest episode.
DKL

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:59 am Reply with quote
Honestly, this show hasn't made sense to me in a minute.

I just watch for the cute girls.

Like, when what's his face said spoiler["I don't like you romantically"], she seemed to have a hard time concealing her disappointment (like you can see it RIGHT THERE)...

And then she gets all emotional later on when she thinks she's spoiler[being deceived with regards to why what's his face is being her friend]

But I thought her entire problem was that she has this annoying facade that prevents her from expressing herself honestly... so I'm to understand that... all of that was a facade?

Are these things suppose to have like... convenient timing or something?

Anyway, I don't understand this show at all...

But I'mma keep watching anyway since deadpan-chan is kinda cute.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:13 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator, she had them all completely fooled with her act before she got the dude's facade. She was even famous at the school for viciously turning down so many guys and for being such a snob. It sounds like she was doing pretty well at keeping her true self at bay before she got his facade. Then she got his facade and was not acting out of the ordinary to how her current classmates knew her (as a stuck-up rich girl), so gaining his facade didn't do anything to her behaviours as far as her classmates were concerned. And she started wearing the collar for no good reason - didn't she wonder where it came from when she woke up that morning? And where the hell did the luxury car come from if she isn't rich?

There's just too many head-scratchers surrounding her.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:34 am Reply with quote
I said that it may have become easier for her to keep up her façade, perhaps only need to try twice as hard. Who knows, perhaps it was even the reason she could calm down and sleep during school. Rejecting boys itself was partially her trying to keep all people at a distance so they could not see the cracks in her façade.

The cat has magic powers that allowed it to take facial expressions from a living person and give it to itself which is an inanimate object. It is not out of the question that it altered reality so that she did not even realize that she was suddenly wearing a small bely (collar) around her neck.

As for showing her emotions and being let down by him not being interested. Well she was not under the same magical effect, restrictions that magically forced him to say what he was thinking because he made the deal not her. She is just an outsider that got something a little extra, nothing stopped her from lowering it a little.
DKL

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Just got done with episode 4

We have now entered the realm of epic spoiler[wincest].

I can dig it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7