• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
HENNEKO (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4
Lol, the latest episode reminds me of another series that aired this week...I think might be Nyarko W.

Anyways, I'm actually kinda glad that Tsukushi got some highlights. Well, seems like she got a lot more than that actually considering spoiler[she wants to marry her little sister.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:25 pm Reply with quote
DKL wrote:
We have now entered the realm of epic spoiler[wincest].

I have to admit I didn't see that coming.

It would seem that the recent developments in Massachusetts has made quite an impression on someone over there in Japan. Tsukiko's misunderstanding is hilarious.

Best LOL line in the episode: "I don't know where to start."
DKL

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:02 pm Reply with quote
I feel like... this recent plot revelation makes this one of the greatest shows ever created.

My body is ready (for the fanart and doujinshi).
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

That was funny, Tsukishi has some interesting sides. Firstly she was surprisingly spoiler[gullible in believing his bullshit story about a younger twin brother impersonating him, that she actually confronted him after the date thinking he was said brother]. And during the fight it went from spoiler[overbearing sister trying to get rid of her sister, into Onee-chan wants to marry Imouto], the music was all spoiler[lovey but became distorted as] Tsukiko said that spoiler[she did not know where to begin]. It was funny seeing the Steel King make such a spoiler[face of shock], not to mention Youto also made that face, but I found the use of music like that was one of my favourite parts of Sakurasou, I keep mentioning that show.

So cat lost its powers, looks like Tsukiko spoiler[gave her expressions within the meatbun to Tsukishi], and Youto lost his spoiler[underpants (and apparently house]). Also seems that Tsukiko did not like his opinion of her being a spoiler[little sister]. Gotta say my favourite bit was the love battle between Youto and Tsukishi. What is the deal with the names anyway: Tsukushi Tsukukakushi and Tsukiko Tsukukakushi , it is like their parents hated them?

I am pretty sure that I spotted a Little Busters reference during spoiler[the date], but the skirt was not plaid.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:27 am Reply with quote
ep.4
spoiler[

so yoto after hearing history of tsukiko & steel queen history together since their parents are gone so trying to explain talk with steel queen mention stony cat give reveal steel queen made that story & place during her younger years with tsukiko.

so after helping oops on tsukiko's outfit shops cue steel queen attack on yoto give trying explain include wish that tsukiko got no mood from stony cat got smash.

next day after talk with azusa for bit advice yoto challenge steel queen even make a wish got his undies on cat's head to full charge on steel queen even knock sense.

til come tsukiko who hear it all then it reveal steel queen doing this all go to boston & marry tsukiko since allow same marriage but tsukiko goes nope & yea they don't do sister marriages in boston.

after all set steel queen call out stony cat which got it small & cue meat-bun with tsukiko give to sister which in cost give the steel queen tsukiko's moods.

& all seem so quiet for yoto & tsukiko til yea the house of yoto just totally gone away to nothing. ]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:20 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

The old "staying over your place" episode, but as much as Tsukiko was in it, Tsukushi was funnier from wanting to kill him, disturbed by his elephant, and held in place by Tsukiko. It seems that the loss of his shame that he gave to the cat as an example is causing a lot of trouble. I noticed that Tsukiko was pouring tea to the overflowing cup, but that one thing he said pushed it too far.

And this scene.

Need a gif that shows her eyes moving.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:52 pm Reply with quote
This series has so many .gif potential material. As for the latest episode, I just laughed of all the fan service and those expressions. Oh and I did somewhat feel sorry for Tsukushi a little. But damn, her sleep talking is funny.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DKL

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:27 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

I think my favorite content was Deadpan-chan mostly still being incredibly deadpan, but then her general actions were used to contrast this (she wants to yell in shock... cannot actually yell like she's in shock).

Thought that the spoiler[biting] sequence after spoiler[lead-kun carried her off through the rain] was really really cute for some reason x_x

Also, I like twintail-girl's spoiler[newfound friends] and really liked the scene where they were spoiler[all in bed together for whatever reason].

Episode was just overwhelmingly cute in general.

Boys, I got what I came for!

DuskyPredator wrote:

And this scene.

That scene was amazing.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:40 am Reply with quote
ep.5
spoiler[
so azusa is on beach trip with two dark skin to make-up patch their pals life give while azusa wait for yoto's phone call after some relax, fun, & nap together they all made up & sorry all good.

as for yoto got no house at least stay night in tsukiko's home oh oops show "elephant" on her & steel queen cue human marshmallow punching bag aka yoto.

after survive steel queen's punch give yoto wonder cue oops on tsukiko & run from steel queen to enter storage house room & reveal it bigger stony cat with all yoto's house property inside the room. ]
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:55 am Reply with quote
Ugh, if someone literally faints to the ground from a fever then the fever wasn't a minor one.

But the worst part of the episode was Azusa's conversation with her "friends". They said they never meant to hurt her. Azusa then said that she knew this, they were only trying to make her happy. She went on to say that she only got hurt because she was weak and that it was her fault for not telling them that she was transferring. Um, did they all forget what had happened? Because those two had deliberately and cruelly pranked her by telling her the wrong location for the school trip*, ruining her trip and causing her great humiliation. Then when they see her later in the arcade they further mocked her. How the hell is this Azusa's fault? How did they think that bullying her wouldn't hurt her? And why does Azusa blame herself when she did nothing wrong? She's like a domestic violence victim blaming herself for being ill-treated. It's disgusting, and the show is sending completely the wrong aesops. 1: that being mature is blaming yourself when other people treat you like crap. 2: that bullies don't mean to harm their victims. 3: that victims deserve to be bullied because they are weak. What the heck?

I don't mind Azusa making up with the other girls, but it's the way they all went about it that is so screwed up.

Of course, this ignores the numerous permission forms and item checklists that children get given weeks and months before the trip. This Anime won't exactly win any awards for writing quality, but we all knew that.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:26 am Reply with quote
Also, the magical cat statue is implausible.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:29 am Reply with quote
It looked to me that Azusa was saying that she was incredibly thin skinned and let everything the two dumb blonds did and say get to her when she should have realized that they had the mental maturity of grade school kids and that picking on her really meant they liked her and wanted to be friends. Doesn't really make any sense but I guess it's ok now that they finally talked it out and can be good friends now
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:49 am Reply with quote
getchman, that's not what I got out of that at all. Nobody revels in that much delight by tricking someone else, and then mocking that person's feelings when they meet them again months later, without doing it deliberately to hurt them. They weren't doing it because they liked her, no matter what they claim.

And Azusa getting upset with them is hardly being thin-skinned. Maybe she shouldn't have transferred schools but to have your so-called friends stab you in the back like that would certainly be an awful experience.

Yttrbio wrote:
Also, the magical cat statue is implausible.

Actually, a magic cat statue is impossible, not just implausible. But it doesn't bother me that it exists. Gotta suspend some disbelief after all, and a magical statue is perfectly reasonable. I've seen much weirder plot devices in Anime.

That said, I was surprised when I learnt that the older sister created the statue. It seems a little weird for a non-magical person to be able to create a magical artefact. I had initially thought the cat statue was very old and imbued with mystical Japanese power, not something created in modern times by a horny teen aiming for an incestuous marriage with her little sister.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:57 am Reply with quote
"horny teen aiming for an incestuous marriage with her little sister" is a "mystical Japanese power"
DKL

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:16 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Ugh, if someone literally faints to the ground from a fever then the fever wasn't a minor one.

But there needs to be an excuse to randomly spoiler[get them all in bed] for whatever reason!

Anyway, I stopped thinking about whether or not the show made sense 1 or 2 episodes ago lol

Yttrbio wrote:
"horny teen aiming for an incestuous marriage with her little sister" is a "mystical Japanese power"

Seems like a reasonable explanation to me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7