• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crush on an anime boy or girl?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Siilent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:30 pm Reply with quote
I love Akito, but it's not a crush. o_o I just love him in every way, not in a "lyk omg this animated person is so hot!!!111" way...

We all have the anime characters we love, but I don't think of them as crushes or anything of the sort. More of a huge appreciation.

I have a remake of Akito's robe. o: Cosplay!
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Well if its like siilent said then i would say............Sekai from student/School days because she sacrifices her own feelings to help the guy she likes to bring him and this other girl together.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
kanegawa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:41 am Reply with quote
Well you can say so. I mean I don't constantly think like if he was a real person. But since I am a writer I mean I may write a liitle fan fic featuring me and the charecter I "like" But only that.. So far You can say I've made a fan fic for ingdom hearts.. (riku and me Anime catgrin ) and in Fruits Basket (Haru and me
Anime catgrin ) And I got so into it that I'm making a sequel for the kingdom hearts. I enjoy myself that why I do it. Laughing
FullMetal52
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:54 am Reply with quote
in so many animes...after you watch for a long time it begins to feel like you know the characters...i would have to say yea i find myself likein the girls in shows...nothing perverted like that but for me you just feel like you really like the character...lik Asuka and Misato in Evangelion...or Haruko from FLCL Smile ...i know most people feel the same way...but now that im typing i feel a little embarresed writing this down...oh well....
master-zaku

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:06 am Reply with quote
As far as anime goes I'd say Shitow Megumi from RahXephon. I just felt so sorry for her towards the end of the series. Crying or Very sad
final sage of fantas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:08 am Reply with quote
In tenchi I felt sorry for Ryoko because Ayeka might get Tenchi and it looked like she died, but the part where she huged Tenchi made me feel happy. And Flay from Gundam Seed almost made me cry.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JustinSane

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:48 am Reply with quote
I like real girls, sorry! Very Happy
Amayakh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:55 am Reply with quote
Eeppp...maybe you can. I mean, who knows. Roy Mustang from FMA is cute. Sesshomaru from Inu Yasha is just hot and...I think that there may be some people out there that like characters, but I duno if you should call it a 'crush'.

Very Happy Sry I'm really hyper and at school.

<3 Amaya
RedComet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:56 am Reply with quote
I think it is stupid if you have a crush on a drawing that doesn't exist.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:14 pm Reply with quote
JustinSane wrote:

RedComet wrote:

Even if this isn't the greatest subject matter in the world, just trolling it up like this with unconstructive comments is still rather inappropriate. If you're going to be the voice of opposition, be the voice of intelligent opposition, and don't just drop in a mindless remark at random.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
JustinSane wrote:

RedComet wrote:

Even if this isn't the greatest subject matter in the world, just trolling it up like this with unconstructive comments is still rather inappropriate. If you're going to be the voice of opposition, be the voice of intelligent opposition, and don't just drop in a mindless remark at random.

Well said. A troll is a troll, even when he speaks the truth (for he does so in a manner calculated not to enlighten but to enrage).

And what they said, however ill-intentioned, is true... there is an element of desperate futility about devoting romantic emotions to a fictional character. Even so, it's hardly something that is new to anime - people have been "falling in love" with, or otherwise investing excessive emotions in, fictional characters for centuries.

But, on the other hand, it begs the question: since this is obviously a deep-rooted need in the human psyche (else it would not be so pervasive), does it have a beneficial side that causes it to be a positive character trait (if only slightly so)?

There can be several benefits from such a virtual crush. In the first place, there is the rather pathetic benefit of compensation for loneliness. By having a virtual crush to fantasize about, you can assuage your feelings of isolation by investing emotion in a non-threatening, and undemanding, love-object. For many otaku, I fear a virtual crush is the best they can ever hope for. Depressing thought...

But are there other, less unhealthy, benefits to this sort of behaviour? Well, it is possible that the act of falling in love requires mental training - that it is not something that is automatic. I suspect it may be so. Seen in this light, a virtual crush may be considered a "training ground" for the emotional processes needed to establish a more normal love affair.

We all invest a great deal of emotion in anime. I don't fall in love with anime characters, but I have shed many a tear for these artificial beings. Isn't that somehow the same?

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:37 pm Reply with quote
well, I've never had an actually crush on any anime girls, but there are many who I find incredibly hot (ex. Blue from Wolf's Rain, or another character from another anime that I"m too embarressed to admit) or beautiful (Quon and Mishima from RahXephon), or just cute (most anime girls)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Iemander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:21 pm Reply with quote
abunai wrote:
And what they said, however ill-intentioned, is true... there is an element of desperate futility about devoting romantic emotions to a fictional character. Even so, it's hardly something that is new to anime - people have been "falling in love" with, or otherwise investing excessive emotions in, fictional characters for centuries.

But, on the other hand, it begs the question: since this is obviously a deep-rooted need in the human psyche (else it would not be so pervasive), does it have a beneficial side that causes it to be a positive character trait (if only slightly so)?

There can be several benefits from such a virtual crush. In the first place, there is the rather pathetic benefit of compensation for loneliness. By having a virtual crush to fantasize about, you can assuage your feelings of isolation by investing emotion in a non-threatening, and undemanding, love-object. For many otaku, I fear a virtual crush is the best they can ever hope for. Depressing thought...

But are there other, less unhealthy, benefits to this sort of behaviour? Well, it is possible that the act of falling in love requires mental training - that it is not something that is automatic. I suspect it may be so. Seen in this light, a virtual crush may be considered a "training ground" for the emotional processes needed to establish a more normal love affair.

We all invest a great deal of emotion in anime. I don't fall in love with anime characters, but I have shed many a tear for these artificial beings. Isn't that somehow the same?

- abunai

I'm going to take a "pro" stance on this one.

People have been "falling in love" with fictional characters since the rise of the TV. How many times haven't you heard that some girl had a crush on "choose random hollywood star" before? Probably alot. Even having a crush on someone you've seen a few times can be thought of "falling in love with a fictional person" although it could be possible you're just sexually attracted. I don't believe it's impossible that people begin to fantasize and "dream up" a personality other than what's really there.

Another thing, there are loads of people who've had something on the internet, this is also in large part fictional as you never know what's truly going on and you're also never really in contact with each other. Alot of traits are thought up.

So in any case, I think this is neither strange nor unusual. Everyone has the need to dream, and everyone dreams alot, it's in our nature.
Dranxis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Really, it's all about us humans wanting what we can't have. At least, that's part of the attraction of outlandish, sexy young girls, or impossible beautiful bishonen. I don't find it all that abnormal.

As for myself... Well, I have a penchant for the really level-headed, but dangerous bishies... Sesshoumaru and Naraku come to mind. Saito Hajime, Lord Il Palazzo (blatant parody though he is) and Sieg Hart are others. Also, I like Shigure, and strangely enough, Mousse from Ranma 1/2. But stuff like this isn't supposed to make much sense. Razz
Wiseman88

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:57 am Reply with quote

I dont really love anime figures ,but some of them are so cute and cool....especially love hina`s Naru or Shinobu...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5