• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyoto Animation Unveils Swimming Team TV Anime Free! for July

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shattix123

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:30 am Reply with quote
OMG the anime industry is really going down...seems like now i have the time to to graduate from college :/
musouka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:31 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Perhaps not by the exact same people, but it would get talked down as a lurid fanservice panderfest for sure.

Yes. By men.

But, sure, let's blame women for that when KyoAni is finally making something marketed towards them. Those bitter grapes just aren't quite bitter enough unless we're trying to rain on their parade, after all.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:32 am Reply with quote
musouka wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Perhaps not by the exact same people, but it would get talked down as a lurid fanservice panderfest for sure.

Yes. By men.

But, sure, let's blame women for that when KyoAni is finally making something marketed towards them. Those bitter grapes just aren't quite bitter enough unless we're trying to rain on their parade, after all.

I didn't blame women, don't put words in my mouth. Both sides talk down male-oriented fanservice shows with precise regularity.
darkchibi07

Stark700 wrote:
Kinda saw this coming btw but was hoping for something else. Oh well, I still might watch it. I don't remember watching much anime with swimming as a major theme before.

There was Umisho, but that got lost in the minds of lots of peeps. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

I
ultimatemegax

darkchibi07 wrote:
On another note, anyone noticed how 2 of those Honorable Mentions now got anime adaptations? I wonder if the other ones will get one in the long run.
3 of these "Encouragement Award" winning entries have gotten adaptations: Chuunibyou, Boundary, and now High Speed!. Another one Copellia has also been published and the writer also penned the Tamako Market LN. Of course, it would be nice if someone announced the Encouragement Award winners for this year.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:33 am Reply with quote
willag wrote:

And now to just wait for the thread to explode. *box of popcorn by the ready*

I'm waiting for that myself. I'm happy to see this get made and I hope it turn out to be good. Don't get me wrong I like seeing the stuff for otaku myself but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a good fujoshi show be created. I will give this a chance and I hope it turns out to be a good show.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
musouka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:34 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

I didn't blame women, don't put words in my mouth. Both sides talk down male-oriented fanservice shows with precise regularity.

Yes, because KyoAni is especially well known for their blatant fanser...oh wait, were we talking about GAINAX or something? That's the only way this conversation makes any sense.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:35 am Reply with quote
Blazaking wrote:
You have got to be kidding me.

I'm afraid it's real. Laughing
kyokun703

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:35 am Reply with quote
Yay!!! What an awesome thing to wake up to! I was always hoping, but really was not expecting it.
zeroyuki92

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:36 am Reply with quote
I don't rage, I even congratulate the target audience to finally got a chance to have their favorite anime with Kyoani animation level...

But still... A part of me died a bit inside.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:36 am Reply with quote
Would be nice if this was a good male comedy show about some normal dudes. Kind of what I wanted Kids on the Slope to be. But I guess it probably wont. Will probably be just about pretty boys doing crap. Well I guess I'll at least look into it. It's more interesting then the usual KyoAni stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:37 am Reply with quote
Do people really bash women over shows with male fanservice? Or do they just bash Fujoshi? If that's the case, I wonder if I'd get a pass since I'm a guy. Razz
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:38 am Reply with quote
I'm out of the loop on this one, is there a reason so many people are bitterly disappointed about this? Had they previously said they were making something else before this got announced?
Hawkwing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:38 am Reply with quote
Nooo!!

What about my cute moe girls? Anime cry
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:39 am Reply with quote
ultimatemegax wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:
On another note, anyone noticed how 2 of those Honorable Mentions now got anime adaptations? I wonder if the other ones will get one in the long run.
3 of these "Encouragement Award" winning entries have gotten adaptations: Chuunibyou, Boundary, and now High Speed!. Another one Copellia has also been published and the writer also penned the Tamako Market LN. Of course, it would be nice if someone announced the Encouragement Award winners for this year.

IS there any info on the synopses of those entries? I'm curious what are they're about.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 58