• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
CN Expo 2005 Report

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhuhn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:05 pm Reply with quote
It was a record crowd of fans that came to the event with exhibitors, reporters and celebrities that came for this 3-day weekend event at the Metro Toronto Convention Center, which was filled with anime, as well as sci-fi, comics, horror and video & special card games with tournaments. There was even the evening Masquerade Ball.

There were long lineups in some places, people taking pictures of the stars and fans in their costumes and a birthday moment for voice actor Kirby Morrow, when having his Q&A with Richard Ian Cox, Brad Swaile and Scott McNeil. They all had their voice acting roles in Inuyasha.

Other celebrities that were at the event included Elvira (without her black hair & makeup) as well as Kevin Sorbo, Kenny Baker, Martina Sirtris, Tim Russ, Margaret Kiddor, Crispin Glover, Laura Bailey, Roland Parliament, J-Pop group Angela, and others that you can find at the Hobbystar web site.
We hope for even bigger crowds for the 2006 CN Expo. People came as far from Japan, Michigan and Winnipeg. I even saved some of their Yahoo! IDs on my cell phone's Minibrowser and even submitted my web site to the Inuyasha fans which is www.inuyasha.isonfire.com because he is on fire, with the fire rat robe that he wears.

In addition, the Inuyasha 3 DVD were on sale a week and a half before it's September 6 release date! At least it came with the special Kagome card as an added bonus.

Thanks to all that came to the expo in Toronto.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1