• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Watch A Gutsy Pokémon Cosplayer Invite Girl to Prom

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
feuerwerke

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:30 am Reply with quote
Okay yeah he has to be popular for that to have gone so well, but it's still cute! ...Though if a guy wanted to ask me to prom via Pokemon, he'd have a lot better luck dressing as James.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:05 am Reply with quote
How cute Anime cry
KentaMaeba

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:35 pm Reply with quote
AWESOME. That man is not afraid of anything Very Happy
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:29 am Reply with quote
While I am sure this guy is popular at that high school, I give him credit for courage that must have taken. Because given this is a high school setting, the other kids might have started laughing and that is probably when the situation would turn from bad to worse quickly.

I actually watched the first season of Poke'mon back when this first premiered on television sometime in the 90's and I am surprised there are still some teenagers out that not only watch Poke'mon but also choose that song. Memorable song no doubt, but I am thinking this partly due to nostalgic memories as well.

Kakoishii wrote:
sure we grew up with pokemon, but those kids are what, 16 or 17 years old? They probably were born the year pokemon started airing in the US (god I'm old...), but then again there's always reruns and the show does still air so maybe they grew up on the later arcs of pokemon.

roseversailles wrote:

*OT: Wow is that cafeteria nice! It sure puts my school's to shame!

totally what I was thinking. My high school cafeteria was just a step above a gymnasium, and that was after they remodeled it. No lofty grand staircases for us Rolling Eyes.

Yes, some of us grew up during the era, but alas I can imagine most of these kids are roughly between those ages, so they probably grew just when Poke'mon premiered on TV and several years later would watch the show.

Jokingly, I feel old as well because I remember I recorded some episodes on a VCR machine and at times would race from where my school bus would leave because back then I don't think the technology existed to pause live television at the time.

Good times the 90's were, good times indeed.

But wow, my high school cafeteria also never looked that nice either. No staircases or vibrant lighting either. The floor white, with some yellowing that had shown through and cafeteria certainly did not look very modern at all. If I had to guess, the last time my school remolded our cafeteria was either during the 80's or 90's.
Adamb15

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:12 am Reply with quote
Lol, Terry playing Ash.

Funny cause their two games are so similar.
championferret

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:12 am Reply with quote
...is that really what kids wear to school in the US?
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:01 pm Reply with quote
championferret wrote:
...is that really what kids wear to school in the US?

Well, they don't usually dress as Ash Ketchum to school.

Of course, for him and this girl, this'll be the most memorable thing about prom. Everybody else will just remember how much money they wasted.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2