• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Daily Cosplay: Final Fantasy Videogames' Viera

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:37 am Reply with quote
Is the lack of responses an indication the cosplay was.....a failure? Usually theirs at least one or two right off the bat.
JuicyB

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:58 am Reply with quote
Actually this is one of the better cosplays I've seen here, due to the cosplayer actually looking decent, although I admit that I'm not familiar with this character. She's a little chubby but not too bad. I think there are better silver-haired characters for this gal to work with though; since she seems to be an RPG fan how about Edy or Anisette from the Valkyria Chronicles series?
Happiness for Subaru
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:04 am Reply with quote
@ Sunday
I saw the article on the RSS and was planning on avoiding it to go to bed at a decent hour because these distract me. (I obviously failed.) Or...I was busy with Madoka. So there's some average life circumstances from a random person on the internet.

Anyway, cool cosplay! I haven't really seen characters like this. Perhaps because I'm not into RPGs?
Matriel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:04 am Reply with quote
JuicyB wrote:
Actually this is one of the better cosplays I've seen here, due to the cosplayer actually looking decent, although I admit that I'm not familiar with this character. She's a little chubby but not too bad. I think there are better silver-haired characters for this gal to work with though; since she seems to be an RPG fan how about Edy or Anisette from the Valkyria Chronicles series?

I completely agree! This cosplayer did a good job of playing a character she can actually pull off. I like it! I was critical of the previous Final Fantasy XIII cosplay for this same reason. Two of those cosplayers didn't mesh with the characters they were portraying, but this girl did just great! The hair and the ears are done quite well. Smile
giseki

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:02 am Reply with quote
surely this is a terrible half arsed cosplay. I've yet to see a decent daily cosplay on this website.

This is how it should look:

AckIsBack

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:21 am Reply with quote
JuicyB wrote:
She's a little chubby but not too bad.

Seriously!? She looks great to me. And her costume is great too!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Greg Aubry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:45 pm Reply with quote
JuicyB wrote:
She's a little chubby but not too bad.

Wow. And people wonder why so many women have eating disorders. This girl is miles away from "a little chubby."
nynextew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:16 pm Reply with quote
giseki wrote:
surely this is a terrible half arsed cosplay. I've yet to see a decent daily cosplay on this website.

This is how it should look:

If I'm not mistaken, your picture is Fran from FFXII. The cosplayer is playing a simple Viera Elementalist from Final Fantasy Tactics. So, no, the costume is spot on.
gothung

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:40 am Reply with quote
Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, your picture is Fran from FFXII. The cosplayer is playing a simple Viera Elementalist from Final Fantasy Tactics.

Those were my initial thoughts exactly when I read the title. I thought it would be of Fran from FFXII. When I saw the picture, I initially thought "This is... not right at all..." But after I saw the reference picture below it I realized which Viera she was actually cosplaying.

All in all, a very good start/base. I really like the ears. I'm surprised she didn't bump it up a bit with more white body paint on her arms and legs, as that would have been relatively easy. Next logical steps: green gloves and shoes, then maybe make that awesome looking staff.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1