• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
AnimeFest 2005

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChibiBritt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:45 am Reply with quote
Hiya!

I was wondering who would be attending A-Fest in a few weeks. I didn't see a thread for it....so...I started one myself.

Here is the basic run down:

Labor Day Weekend
Fri Sept 2nd - Mon Sept 5th, 2005
Hyatt Regency Hotel at Reunion Tower
Downtown Dallas, Texas

Full Memberships:
$35 - If postmarked by Mon Aug 15th or paid online by credit card by Sat Aug 27th
$40 - Purchased at the door

Guests Include:
-Maaya Sakamoto
Singer of Yakusoku wa Iranai from Vision of Escaflowne
-Shinichiro Watanabe
Director of Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Shamploo
-Jennifer Sekiguchi
Seiyuu for FLCL (Mamimi), Koi Kaze (Nanoka), Ultra Maniac (Ayu), Tenho Tenge (Aya), Girls Bravo (Kirie), Snow Fairy Sugar (Greta)
-Scott McNeil
VA
-And tons of others!

You can check out more info at www.animefest.org
Mexicanime86

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:12 pm Reply with quote
I'll actually be attending for the first time @ AnimeFest, just because I can afford to and because it's just a 12 min ride on the DART metro for me to get there. I wanted to go as Saito(Rurouni Kenshin) but after my car payments, I really cant afford to. Maybe I'll see you there (but then thats doubtful seeing as how packed it'll be now that Sinichiro Watanabe will be attending.) I do have one question: I want to try out that LARPG Shounen Action Night, but am afraid that my noobness in that genre will emerge, so if anyone has any advice, tips, or comments for me, please help me out. (Sorry ChibiBritt for using your thread for my own purposes. Please dont forsake me Anime catgrin + sweatdrop ).

P.S. I want to try playing as Kintaro Oe (GoldenBoy) or, as back up, any mle character from Yu Yu Hakasho.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ChibiBritt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:08 am Reply with quote
By all means...use the thread!

The Shounen Action thing seems new. I don't recall it being there last year. Although it DOES look interesting. I thought about it myself...but then I wasn't sure if I could really LARP. Never really tried though. However, I do know that a lot of people who are new at it will try and participate at cons. So I don't think you'll be alone. Anime smile

I say go for it!
Shinobi X

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:34 am Reply with quote
Wish I can go but I have no ride. Also It takes place in Texas and I live in Sacramento, CA so I wouldn't get the chance to go especially when school is starting soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mexicanime86

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Regarding the Shonen Action Night, I don't know if i'll sign up for it but i'll definetly check it out if I can. Maybe I'll be able to pick up some info on how it'll go down. I just want to know, this may seem a little late, how amny of you are excited about the SINICHIRO WATANABE, and Maaya Sakamoto attending this year's AniemeFest. And thanks to all who responded to my question earlier.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shinobi X

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Sinchiro Watanabe. I recognized his name but forgot what he do. Does anyone know?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:03 am Reply with quote
Shinobi X wrote:
Sinchiro Watanabe. I recognized his name but forgot what he do. Does anyone know?

Most notably, director of Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo.

Please use the Encyclopedia next time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shinobi X

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I know. I was just being lazy. Sorry if I made you to go and look it up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1