• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Unlicensed/Untranslated Manga

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isaacada1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 11:11 am Reply with quote
I'm wondering what manga series that is currently not available in english in North America that people would like to read. For me, I know I would love to see Rurouni Kenshin & Jo Jo's Bizzarre Adventures.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
cyrax777

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Azumanga Daioh
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 9:10 pm Reply with quote
hikaru no go
silveruby

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Hikaru no Go
Tokyo Babylon
Ian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Angel Sanctuary
Outlaw Star
Tokyo Babylon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Slim Shinji
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Hellsing!!!
Asano Rain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 3:52 am Reply with quote
If something isn't translated... I just go out and get the Japanese version. :]

But I'd like to see Fruits Basket translated... so it could get the proper recognition it deserves.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Yokohama Shopping Log/Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou/Quiet Country Café (and now Position) by Hitoshi Ashinano... Also Dragon Half, and Nuku Nuku, if there's a Nuku Nuku manga.

I'd say Fruits Basket except I'm already reading it in French.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aurora

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Hikaru no Go, Rurouni Kenshin and Saiyuki, I think, would be highest on my list....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Laughing Hyena

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:02 am Reply with quote
Outlaw Star
Future-Retro Hero Story

Other series I would love to see:

Ryu Knight
KO Century Beast: Birth of V-Darn
Oumai Doki Doki

Edit: My reason? Because I want to see at least one or two of Itoh's Mangas to come here. None have ever been translated so far and can be bought here. Also I have a feeling that his artwork might become at least popular with certain anime fans if they ever show up here.

Last edited by Laughing Hyena on Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
cyrax777

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 3:12 am Reply with quote
I want Saikano! read the first book scantransed and the anime was Awsome but the manga is so much better.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Coral Skipper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:34 pm Reply with quote
isaacada1 wrote:
For me, I know I would love to see Rurouni Kenshin & Jo Jo's Bizzarre Adventures.

I agree completly. I wonder if RK has any chance of being serialized in the American Shonen Jump after Sandland ends its run? I know that would increase the readership of the anthology.
Tomoyo714

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:10 pm Reply with quote
I personally have to go with the trends here and say Fruits Basket and Rurouni Kenshin. With both anime's becoming fairly popular over here it would seem logical to produce the translanted manga versions.... but then again when has logic had anything to do with it.
Wink
billslates

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 5:29 am Reply with quote
There's a website which scanslates Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. They're up to Volume 4. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure started out suprisingly good. You really get to see the characters of Jojo and Dio, and how their rivalry develops(or is already inherent) before it quickly evolves into having more of a focus on fighting(though tension is highly strong so its definately not boring, and there is fighting in the beginning).

You can get it [EDIT don't promote bootlegging here. that includes scanilations -C].
DrShinigami

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:14 pm Reply with quote
To be released, I would have to go with Kenshin and HnG. Currently I read them scanlated, along with Fuits Basket, Blame!, and Azumanga. BTW, a good place to find scanlated manga is Manga Jouhou/Manga News, which can be found at [EDIT we do not promote bootlegging. this includes manga scans -C]. They list releases of most all unlicensed manga fan translations.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2