• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Cake Boss

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:08 pm Reply with quote
I've watched my disc 1 of my first set, but I'd hate the idea of having to get up to ep 20 then have to wait more for my second set, so I've jsut ordered my second set and can multi-day marathon it to my leisure in a bit.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Will absolutely check out Rose of Versailles.

As far as DnB goes... I deeply loved the first season, and eagerly snatched up the combo pack of season two which included the OVAs. Like most everyone I watched them in the order in which they were released (and packaged) and found myself terribly confounded. After watching the interquel it was a major light bulb moment and I was left feeling a bit cheated, like the series producers themselves somehow spoiled the experience a bit.
I couldn't agree with you more about watching the OVAs first. And while I had issues with Gemini - spoiler[particularly its Evangelion-esque ending and the implication that, oh, Hei and Yin die] - overall I think it wasn't bad. Suoh gave me conflicting feelings, but in general I rooted for her and her brother. On a personal note: I dearly wish more series with Yuji Iwahara's character designs were animated.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Darker than Black: Gemini of the Meteor wasn't a good show, but what really irked me was the completely out-of-place Magical Girl transformation sequence that popped up several times. I wonder how much cocaine had to be snorted before that sequence was greenlit.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:10 am Reply with quote
Ah man, I can't wait to finally own and watch Rose of Versailles. Next week. Hopefully.

I wasn't that interested in Everyday Tales of a Cat God before, but it sounds like something that I might enjoy.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:24 am Reply with quote
^
Everyday Tales of a Cat God is a cute and harmless little show. Yeah it's a bit quirky but that's part of the charm. It won't change your life but it will brighten up five hours of it and leave you with a smile on your face.
Meygaera

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:06 pm Reply with quote
I like that the 2nd season of Darker than Black focused so much more on new characters than the old, with Suou taking the reigns of main protagonist for the most part. It made the show feel fresh again.

I agree that not having seen the OVAs will make it more confusing to follow at times. But, that just makes the OVAs that much better to watch after the 2nd season because it finally answers the burning question of "WHERE THE HELL IS YIN?"
Cait

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:30 pm Reply with quote
ChibiKangaroo wrote:

I would love to see what kind of weird conditions they might throw in there... do 10 jumping jacks? Write a poem? Win a match of jan ken pon? I think its fun to play around with the traditional "people with powers" formula like this.

If you'd love to see them, I recommend watching season one. In fact, one of those "weird" conditions you suppose is presented in the first season. I'll let you wonder which one...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2