• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex USA Confirms Il Sole Penetra le Illusioni Home Video Plans

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
configspace

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:18 am Reply with quote
I figure that Aniplex figures if PMMM did very well, then this dark mahou shoujo would probably do well too.

Pokenatic wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
MadMan400096 wrote:
Honest question guys: Who else saw this coming?

Aniplex is releasing all of their stuff without a middleman now, so it was pretty much expected

From the New World/Shin Sekai Yori is the one sole exception so far.

Most of Aniplex's production at least up to now still goes to others though. And I still think that will continue. A-Channel and Angel Beats and others went to Sentai. Blood-C and others went to Funi. AoA and no one else has picked up Nastuiro Kiseki yet, etc, etc
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:40 am Reply with quote
@ configspace - the trouble is all your examples are old. Since the beginning of 2013, AoA has clearly been announcing more licenses compared to its first few years of existence. I'm not saying that every single Aniplex title will automatically be released by AoA, but the trend is definitely shaping up for Aniplex to be releasing fewer of its titles through non-AoA distribs.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:28 am Reply with quote
Shin Sekai Yori also sold terribly in Japan. Based on that, they have not have bothered internationally.
reanimator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:23 pm Reply with quote
I don't care much about Aniplex pricing. Instead of wasting money on filling shelves with some third rate anime titles and its related stuffs, which fans tend to do, I'd rather save money for something nice. I can afford that $400 import BD box of the anime that I like if I decided to save $50 per month for a year. ($600 total)

instead blowing it off by eating out (which is about $10-$20 a week), saving money helped me to afford nice stuffs (I managed to buy very nice road bicycle thanks to savings plan).

What would I do with remaining $200 after buying that import BD box? Simple. Either I save it for next nice thing or spend it on buying whole other merchandises like figure, t-shirt, posters, and etc.
traveling

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:01 pm Reply with quote
There's nothing about this that says it will flop. It may not be a massive hit but it doesn't look like a complete failure. I'm anticipating its premier.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2