• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Servant x Service (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Correl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:20 pm Reply with quote
So far, it seems like a fun show to watch after work with a beer hand. I don't think it'll be anything world shaking, but the first episode got some laughs out of me and that's enough to make it worthwhile to me.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:39 pm Reply with quote
EP 2

Oh yeah this show got a lot better with the addition of a tsundere imouto with a permanent scowl mark! I liked how the crowd was disappointed after they found out they were just siblings and not an immoral couple.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2
References, references everywhere. I spotted at least 3...spoiler[Mario Kart, Saber from FSN/Fate Zero, and Vividred Operation.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

I wonder if I should be a little sad as it only took me watching the OP song this time to know thatspoiler[ the High School girl was his sister], seemed really obvious to me. The fact she acts like spoiler[Kirino] did not complicate it, I could see that she obviously spoiler[cared lots about the her brother] before making her spoiler[go dere].

My brother also came up with an interesting theory of how things tie together last week. He said that the fact the spoiler[Masabe is third generation, then it is very likely that it might have been his father that allowed Lucy's name to pass], meaning that spoiler[his attitude] now might be a berserk button if she figures that out.

Stark700 wrote:
Episode 2
References, references everywhere. I spotted at least 3...spoiler[Mario Kart, Saber from FSN/Fate Zero, and Vividred Operation.]

I think the general magical girl thing was also a reference to spoiler[Doki Doki Precure].
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Ep 4

When I first saw the pink bunny in the first episode, I thought Tokou was the boss since they didn't reveal her yet, But it turns out the bunny spoiler[is the boss lol.] I can't tell if that is Hasabe or his sister at the end. I mean he wouldn't sleep on the same bed as her. Her clothes are changed too so...
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Lucy: everybody wants her.

So who is it that Lucy spoiler[woke up with?]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:00 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

Lucy is so shy, and Hasabe acted like her spoiler[bumbling counted her as having not interest in him]. Although some of her actions seem to say otherwise, even though trying to figure it out came to a spoiler[stupid conclusion, with everyone rightfully calling her an idiot]. In my opinion there is something between those two, Hasabe keeps getting distracted by her while he is with her so that he can't entirely be his playboy self. Looks like he is just taking it slow since she is self-conscious about herself.

Must watch next episode to figure out what happened.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Ep 5

This episode was hilarious and the best one so far. The girl spoiler[is Yutaka's older sister.] Who would have thought that Ichimiya had a spoiler[girlfriend and it turns out to be Megumi.] I was really hoping the Touko vs spoiler[Megumi battle would happen this episode, but I guess we have to wait for it.]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:09 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
This episode was hilarious and the best one so far.

I agree. And that girl is a true naughty piece of work -- I wish I could get my hands on her. Getting the better of Hasabe is no easy task and she makes it look effortless.

Lucy sure can be dense sometimes.

It's a shame Toko has some guilt issues. I hope she gets over it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:07 am Reply with quote
Very funny ep. Nice to see them get out of the office, too. This show is totally making me want to rewatch Working!! and finish watching Working'!!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:56 am Reply with quote
I am part way between hoping that we will get some stronger romance plots with relationships, realizing that this is a comedy and thus we probably won't get anything serious, and thinking that if done maturely could be very good.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:51 pm Reply with quote
I admit, I almost got fooled in the beginning there a bit from the latest episode....

Btw not entirely related but does anyone know the official airing date for this show now? For some reason, it keeps shifting between Thursday/Saturday. The other week also aired it on a Friday.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6.

Another pleasant episode, this time with more focus on Miyoshi.

I love how Miyoshi manages to depress the normally irrepressible Hasebe. Everything she says just gets her deeper into it without her intending to. It seems her character flaw is an inability to anticipate how someone would react to the words she says.

What I don't like is the stuffed animal. It just doesn't do it for me.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:22 pm Reply with quote
I didn't expect a spoiler[talking rabbit] in episode 6 tbh. But anyways, Chihaya sure is a tough woman ~_~
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:52 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

Miyoshi can be unexpectedly hurtful, she spoiler[totally depressed Hasabe], and that was probably one of the saddest ways to spoiler[turn a guy down when not meaning any harm]. Well their boss did it to her too, spoiler[calling her tall, broad shouldered, and flat]. Miyoshi is running into trouble with being pressured, and her family lied to her too.

I don't like the bunny thing in the show, it just blows the realistic grounding of the show. Although one of my favourite gags of the episode was how spoiler[Hasabe punched the rabbit just like his father].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7