• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Servant x Service (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:55 am Reply with quote
I like the bunny rabbit. My assumption is that he's supposed to be a remote controlled robot type thing, right? That's still unrealistic, of course, but not quite as out there as the guy truly being a talking stuffed toy. I felt kinda bad for cute little Kanon when she realized the others spoiler[might not like her dad.] Sad
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Poor Megumi, she just wants a normal relationship.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7
Chihaya has a nice taste for outfits for people:

Oh and very ending reminds me of spoiler[Free]! LOL.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Megumi wants a normal relationship, and what's-his-face is just too chickenshit.

Tanaka's grandson's shift from "I'm boring and responsible and blah blah blah" to "HASABEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" was hilariously awesome. Now we see why Tanaka was so desperate to hook up her grandson.

Here's another look at Toko's outfit.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Best LOL line today: "Get a clue, Toko-chan!" Cute how that girl puts the pieces together in 2 seconds where the party closest is totally oblivious for months.

Ichimiya really needs to man up. That's no way to treat a decent girlfriend. Japanese girls really seem to have low expectations.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:51 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Best LOL line today: "Get a clue, Toko-chan!" Cute how that girl puts the pieces together in 2 seconds where the party closest is totally oblivious for months.

Ichimiya really needs to man up. That's no way to treat a decent girlfriend. Japanese girls really seem to have low expectations.

Sad thing is he doesn't even know that Toko is head over heels for him. If he ever finds out, his situation will probably get worse. My favorite line from this episode was "That's only because you won't play with me, Ichimiya-san."
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:53 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

So many troubles with love. Megumi wants her boyfriend, Taishi is apparently his given name, to focus on her, but he does not even realize what he is doing wrong, although spoiler[he did apologise for that and it seemed to put him in a better mood]. Hasebe is also trying to get Lucy, and now others are seeing her spoiler[thoughts of distance between them are making him feel bad too]. And lastly the reveal, that Hasebe does not like Tanaka's grandson, because he seems to spoiler[have a major overbearing crush on Hasebe].

Best bit was when the rabbit's daughter spoiler[quickly figured out Taishi has a girlfriend and who it was].
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8
Tanaka is soo funny :3 even if he seems to be spoiler[drunk]. On the other hand, I'm looking forward to their spoiler[date] I think...between Hasabe and Lucy soon. Her name is still ridiculously long though...

I'm surprised spoiler[Chihaya actually agreed with the date between Hasabe and Lucy] but of course, she adores co splaying so much, I guess it can't be helped.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Interesting in this episode Lucy seems much less naive and clueless than usual. And Hasabe's inner secret was pretty interesting as well.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:23 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

Lucy mentioned possible revenge on the person responsible for her name was to spoiler[give their grandchild a weird name], the way things are looking she might very well have the means to do that. Wink Although first she has to spoiler[go on that date], I like how he even spoiler[baited Chihaya into supporting it].

Lucy was even told that Hasabe does not spoiler[flirt with other girls], she admitted that she takes all of his advances as a joke, and is under the impression that she would just be dragging him down. But best of all was seeing behind Hasabe's mask and where he ended up really scatterbrained from falling harder for Lucy. The casual look seemed to spread also.

Did anyone spot the difference at the end? I was only able to spot one.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:32 am Reply with quote
@ DP - you seem to be suggesting that the person who let Loo-she's ridiculously long name get registered is spoiler[Hasabe's father.] That would make a ton of sense. Did everyone else already figure this out and I'm the last clueless dolt? Sad
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:22 am Reply with quote
It was something my brother started theorising earlier, I didn't think of it at first, but when he said it I thought it made sense too.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:44 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
@ DP - you seem to be suggesting that the person who let Loo-she's ridiculously long name get registered is spoiler[Hasabe's father.] That would make a ton of sense. Did everyone else already figure this out and I'm the last clueless dolt? Sad

Don't fret, Blood-, it didn't even occur to me until now, either!
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:31 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

The hints that gave that possibility were spoiler[ when Hasabe mentioned he was a 3rd generation civil worker and that the black silhouette of that person looked and sounded like Hasabe.]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:27 pm Reply with quote
I find it kind of hard to swallow that Hasbe isn't highly experienced with girls yet. He obviously isn't gay but that breezy self confidence just couldn't have been un-manifested, un-exercised, and/or unused all through middle and high school. spoiler[Even if part of it is a facade,] it was more than good enough to totally unhinge poor Tanaka.

He does have a sense of restraint around women, but none of it seems to be based in shyness. A typical anime male may take years to work up the courage to ask someone out -- Hasabe flies through it so easily that even the hapless Lucy tends to conclude that he isn't serious. Yet he still has looks and brains, and he actually seems to care about people. If any guy could lose his virginity in middle school, it would be Hasabe.

Yet here he is, a virgin in the post-college workforce. Not that it has to, but something doesn't add up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7