• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Servant x Service (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merida

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:03 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:

Yet here he is, a virgin in the post-college workforce. Not that it has to, but something doesn't add up.

He was too busy 'competing' with Tanaka to have time for women?

When Tanaka said that spoiler[he never saw him hit on a girl before, i thought it was supposed to mean that Hasabe never actively (or seriously) pursued a girl before which doesn't necessarily equal being a virgin. Not that it is entirely impossible...i'm pretty sure that Tanaka is a virgin though, considering his fixation on Hasabe, so him and Lucy would actually make an interesting pair. Laughing]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:
Blood- wrote:
@ DP - you seem to be suggesting that the person who let Loo-she's ridiculously long name get registered is spoiler[Hasabe's father.] That would make a ton of sense. Did everyone else already figure this out and I'm the last clueless dolt? Sad

Don't fret, Blood-, it didn't even occur to me until now, either!

Thank God! DP, is your bro some kind of anime genius?!?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Thank God! DP, is your bro some kind of anime genius?!?

He can be pretty quick at putting things together, we kind of work well together in figuring things out. He also gets incredibly curious if he cannot figure it out and has a bad habit to come across spoilers, I got far too many spoilers from him with Fairy Tail, and I did not need to know what he told me about Attack on Titan. Mad

He did not look up spoilers for this, I would not have mentioned it if he had, so technically we are not sure.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Megumi is hands down the best character in this series. That surprise spoiler[kiss and slap to the face.] Poor Hasebe is having a rough stretch lately.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Ha-ha, Hasebe. Not only does he have a weirdo male stalker and a sister who loves taking the piss out of him, but his hunger for Luscious Loo-she is being dashed upon the rocky shores of her overall cluelessness and general insanity. What's a slacker to do?
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
What's a slacker to do?

Hang in there. Lucy might be a challenge but I guarantee you she can be had. It just takes some creativity and patience.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:30 pm Reply with quote
The big question is what will give out first - a dude's patience or his sanity. Look, I feel the siren call of those magnificant ta-tas, that cute short hair and glasses. But damn. She's a bushel full of cah-zazy.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:32 pm Reply with quote
It will all be better for him after he sees her with contacts and in a skirt Smile
Beltane70

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:30 pm Reply with quote
I really think that Hasabe and Lucy would make a cute couple!

What's really interesting is that fact that two shows this season, Servant x Service and Majestic Prince have large-chested females that aren't being portrayed in a sexual manner. In fact, both women seem quite oblivious to their most prominent features and the potential power they may hold.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:40 am Reply with quote
LOL, for some reason I wasn't that surprised when spoiler[Chihaya initiated that kiss followed by a bitch slap]. On the other hand, yes I also think that Lucy and Hasabe would make a fun couple. I mean, they are fun to watch already in this show imo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:49 am Reply with quote
Hasabe and Lucy all the way.

Episode 9

spoiler[Hooray]! Although it looked like Lucy might be way to far to reach, and Hasebe fell into depression that it was hopeless. spoiler[But it actually looks like Lucy might finally understand after Hasebe confessed as genuinely as he could, and Lucy's face was beaming brighter than it was before.]

We got some great Chihaya and Ichimiya too, like how she started to wear better clothes and falling for him. It looks like Chihaya is actually pissed at Hasebe because he is basically going through the exact same thing she is, trying to get with someone who thinks little of themselves and is too nice.

Anyway, I can totally understand why Hasabe would spoiler[break his phone] like that, spending the day with spoiler[his heart broken and then finding out it is all because of his sister]. And for Ichimiya to spoiler[get kissed and slapped], I had to rewatch that part a couple times.

Being that this and Working!! are so similar, it would be a good change for one character's feelings to be reached by the other and for an actual relationship.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:58 am Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:

What's really interesting is that fact that two shows this season, Servant x Service and Majestic Prince have large-chested females that aren't being portrayed in a sexual manner.

And the way Lucy's name badge hangs across and down her chest in every shot and angle possible is just a coincidence? It just hangs in the air, 4 inches, 5 inches, half a foot from her body...

They couldn't animate it swinging because it'd be too hypnotic?

And making the string red to contrast against the shirt's black evokes both a "red string of fate" connection and unseen cleavage. Smart, very smart.

But perhaps you mean she's rather innocent and naïve rather than a sex fiend or airhead? Because Lucy is portrayed in a very sexual manner but it's more about "concealment" than bare skin. Hell, just the way she carries books {how does she not realize what she's doing?} makes a mockery of High School D x D's teenaged fantasy nudity.

It's all about the imagination.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:17 am Reply with quote
Notice how Loo-she tries to divert attention from her Orbs of Ultimate Pleasure by making her ahoge dance around? Totally doesn't work.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10:

I was amused.

Who would have thought they could make such a decently entertaining anime about the humdrum existence of the typical civil servant? This title has turned out better than 98% of any sit-com on American TV.

I could have done without the automaton bunny but at least for what it is they are getting some mileage out of it.

Toko falling asleep just at that moment was a total cop-out. But it didn't ruin anything so that's ok.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Why do they have to tease us?! I guess they are going to wait for the last episode before she tells Toko.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7