• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Servant x Service (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:53 pm Reply with quote
I too give this title a Very Good. It's made me want to rewatch Wagnaria!! and finish watching Wagnaria!! Season 2. I liked the humour and the characters quite a lot and, of course, bonus points for not being set in a high school. An actual show about (sort of) adults!

Fun fact: This is the 250th subbed anime TV series I have watched to completion.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Same rating here as well. I rated this as very good for the humor, dialogues, character interactions, and ...........those quizzes

I watched Working! awhile ago and this bought me back some nostalgia. As for the finale, I thought it was decent although not earth shattering. LOL @ Chihaya as usual though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
evilernie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:45 pm Reply with quote
i seriously loved this show and hope for another season , the humor was so good as others have said it made me want to watch wagnaria all over again .

and congrats blood on reaching your 250th completed series Very Happy
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

This episode just felt like it went so quickly, and although spoiler[Hasabe and Lucy did not end up dating by the end of the episode, enough was resolved] that it was a great finale. It was so cute when Lucy spoiler[told him to take responsibility]. I want a second season so we could finally see the dating and known relationships be a thing. Miyoshi looked good telling Tanaka off.

Very Good seems like a fitting rating, one of those don't miss things, surprisingly entertaining anime about adults in the workforce. Also seeing the girls in the cosplay had to happen. A-1 did a good job with this like they did with Working/Wagnaria. Unfortunately this is not any special milestone number for me unlike Blood-, only the 398th series seen all.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:28 am Reply with quote
evilernie wrote:
and congrats blood on reaching your 250th completed series Very Happy

Why thank you. Although S x S is my 250th subbed series, I have actually watched 358 anime TV shows to completion when you throw in the shows I've watched dubbed (as well as 121 OVA titles and 66 movies, not that I'm obsessive about keeping track of these things, of course).

*notices DP has 398 series to completion*

*gets competitive*

eta: wait, I just checked your anime list, DP and I see you include OVAs in with your TV shows in Seen All, so I HAVE seen more TV shows to completion than you have.

*whew*

For a second there I almost doubted that I was better than you...
evilernie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:27 am Reply with quote
my seen all list is only at 355 i better catch up you two are to far ahead of me lol
Merida

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:22 am Reply with quote
Nice final episode with as much closure as you will likely get from a show that's primarily a comedy. I'm still kinda sad thatspoiler[ we never got to see what the section chief really looked like...] And did i miss it somehow or was there really no boob joke this time?! Surprised
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:30 am Reply with quote
The "seen all" series of the encyclopedia? I'm still trying to fill out the lists {I have a different rating system so I don't bother with that} and even just getting up to the letter "C" was a very tedious task for me {Roughly over a hundred titles even with that. I'm not looking forward to the letter "K"}. Congrats on being ... thorough?

I'm still only up to episode 8 of Servant x Service, new episodes early every Monday. I'll be finished by the end of next month or so, just in time to start the Fall anime season late...

So far, I've rewatched every episode at least twice, some more than that. I don't know to explain what I love about its comedy but when a show reverse engineers a Futurama joke, either somebody's doing something right or else they just got lucky. This is probably my favorite outright comedy anime. The performances, the characters and the profession adds a little to the overall feeling of "sitcom HFIL".
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:15 pm Reply with quote
I don't have much to add except I wish there was more. They did a better job on this than 99% of the sitcoms that get aired in the U.S.

Lucy showed a bit of unexpected character when she immediately declined to spoiler[blame Hasabe for her grudge]. +10 on the girlfriend material scale. It is also fun trying to figure out her state of mind (she admittedly doesn't know herself) about Hasabe. She seems to be climbing past the avoidance/denial stage.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:45 am Reply with quote
I really liked this show and that was a very fitting finale (I'd still want to see more though). It was my favourite this season and I can't think of anything that I didn't like about it and that's why I've given it a Masterpiece rating.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7