• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya & 2wei! / 3rei!! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:08 am Reply with quote
Preview for 3rei!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpaxfpMO3EQ&feature=youtu.be
I really hope it gets more than 10 episodes this time especially with the earlier premiere date.[/url]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:48 am Reply with quote
It's back!

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! episode 1:

That was a nice episode, the transition between the happy mood of Illya's life that quickly shifted into abnormal uncertainty.

Glad to see that they are handling the story well so far with Miyu getting kidnapped by those two mysterious characters. New OP song is nice, the action is fluid, and animation seems to have improved this season. Looking forward to more for sure especially after that cliffhanger.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:46 pm Reply with quote
3rei ep 1
*viewer warning* If you are a newcomer to the series, you are probably best served to find a stream and watch the previous seasons.

A minor "issue" is that hands down as a viewer you cannot just jump in to the latest season, the show quickly treads over the 2wei adaptation shift which the anime version was made to be an unambiguous victory for our heroines where in the Manga version simply had Miyu be kidnapped by the otherworldly warriors at the conclusion of the battle against Gil, the difference in set up meant that the girls had been exhausted from fighting where in this shifted context for the anime it unwittingly makes the newcomers seem to be going on a kind of Powercreep.

Something that strangely unsettling is the extended shot of Illya in the snow, whenever Fate/Stay adaptations had time to exhibit Illya's younger days it inevitably shows her out in the snow sometimes, it was playful sometimes it is bitter memories, spoiler[but the main part that is saddening for this viewer being that Illya's story tended to have a tragic ending in those adaptations.]

The first episode was good for the material, it glossed over all the hallmarks that make this show what it is, so hopefully the rest of the season serves the fans a great adaptation.
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Well that was great. Sapphire's new voice seems decent enough. Anyway I always liked Fate/kaleid Liner best when it was doing action and not loli fanservice so all this seems great.

FenixFiesta wrote:
3rei ep 1
*viewer warning* If you are a newcomer to the series, you are probably best served to find a stream and watch the previous seasons.

Seriously, would anyone pick up a show, skip the first 3 seasons and jump straight to the 4th season? lol.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:

Seriously, would anyone pick up a show, skip the first 3 seasons and jump straight to the 4th season? lol.

It happens, some shows are more open to allowing people to jump in on a new season especially if there are year long + gaps between seasons.

An example would be the latest season of Jojo Diamond is Unbreakable, while it helps to have watched the previous content for the storyline is that it isn't completely necessary to enjoy the antics of the cast, though the difference of course is that Jojo is apt for resetting the primary cast between major arcs.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:41 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
Cam0 wrote:

It happens, some shows are more open to allowing people to jump in on a new season especially if there are year long + gaps between seasons.

It doesn't happen as much as it used to when streaming was just getting started, but three have been cases where licensing terms would cause some seasons to be not available (legally) so you would have to pick up the story over a gap. I'm thinking the Familiar of Zero for one.

So this first episode got the action off with a bang. The opposing team seems pretty overpowering. Even Bazett was pretty much helpless.
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

Kirei owning a ramen shop is funny. I now remember that I like this show's comedy. From what I gather Gil is kind of gimped right now unless I'm misunderstanding it all. Female Gilgamesh seems menacing (though I'd assume she's just using a card), seems like it gonna be a good fight. Awesome. This is what I wanted to see from this show.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:15 pm Reply with quote
So glad to see Gil again and also, Kirei's voice is quite a pleasant sight to hear once again.

I guess we'll be getting a good fight next episode based on the buildup this week. But to think, tofu almost got Illya killed this episode..!
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Ep 2.

Just how much luck can any protagonist have?
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Episode 2

Kirei owning a ramen shop is funny. I now remember that I like this show's comedy. From what I gather Gil is kind of gimped right now unless I'm misunderstanding it all. Female Gilgamesh seems menacing (though I'd assume she's just using a card), seems like it gonna be a good fight. Awesome. This is what I wanted to see from this show.

This is one of the center points of next weeks episode is Gil "correcting" his loss of fire power.
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:09 am Reply with quote
My hunch is that Gil doesn't have access to Gate of Babylon right now and it might have something to do with that woman using his powers and having his armor (and the card). I'm wondering which berserker that red haired girl's (the one voiced by Queen of Tsundere) powers are based on. Doesn't seem like the berserker from Fate/zero or FSN so it might be a berserker from some other Fate related visual novel or anime or something.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Episodes 2-3:

That was great, the battle wasn't as powerful as the one from season 1 when Illy went Archer mode but still good.

They also adapted Beatrice's personality well. Gil is still a badass in the show too. Meanwhile, I guess they are rushing this somewhat. I also really like the music they've been using for the battle scenes as this episode had a lot of action.

I also kinda like how Tanaka is portrayed this season with her cheerful personality to add a bit of comic relief to balance out the grim atmosphere.
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Damn, Thor? That's pretty badass. Yeah... uhh, Ruby just happened to be lying around there and where did that Caster card come from? Well, I honestly don't really care that much, at least Ilya has her powers back and can now actually fight. And okay so Gil has access to Gate of Babylon but that woman is in possession of most of his weapons.

I like Rie Kugimiya doing these crazy character types. She's good at it.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:09 am Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Well, I honestly don't really care that much, at least Ilya has her powers back and can now actually fight

Nothing compared to her totally incredible string of luck. There was nothing she did the whole episode that didn't fall in the range of mawkish to downright stupid. The story is written like she deserves to win (or at least survive) no matter what because her dedication to her friend is so pure. Meh.

So is Tanaka Berserker now?
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Ep 4.

I find it a bit odd that this anime isn't generating more comments.

For an exposition episode I thought they kept it pretty interesting. Come for the magic world discussion, stay for the yuri fan service. In the goddam missionary position no less.

I always thought it was a bit peevish for Rin and Illya to leave that curse on Kuro. She might be a bit precocious but I thought she had proved her loyalty several times over by now. Leaving it there implies a lack of trust which Kuro doesn't deserve any more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10