• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Genshiken 2 (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

Wow, I really hated how mean-spirited that was in the first half, and did not like how it was shaping up at all, and then suddenly they rescued the entire episode in the last half. Also, best sweat drops ever. Well done, guys, very well done! Smile

Stark700 wrote:
spoiler[her hint about a possible future with him would of been possible if a certain someone wasn't present in this series.]

I kept imagining him thinking, "So all I have to do is spoiler[bump off Kousaka] and I'm set?" Very Happy
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Wow, I really hated how mean-spirited that was in the first half, and did not like how it was shaping up at all, and then suddenly they rescued the entire episode in the last half. Also, best sweat drops ever. Well done, guys, very well done! Smile

Perfectly said. I was getting pretty annoyed with how cavalier and callous everyone was being to Madarame, who clearly has never done anything to deserve ill treatment. Yet at the end it worked out so I guess they understood what he needed better than I did.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:03 am Reply with quote
Saki reflected on a truism about BL in what she said in episode 11. She said it's spoiler[ok for 2 guys to be in a relationship and Ogiue and Ohno asked if she actually liked BL.] Then they realized she was talking about real-life gay people, and basically went 'meh, reality.'

What she said after that would be more literally translated as "so you guys actually dislike gay people?" Which reflects well on how people assume because of BL and crossdressing, anime and manga have this kind of attitude that is positive towards LGBT.

Maybe it's not a bad thing but BL fans don't represent a group that's necessarily more accepting or understanding of gays since the stereotypical ways things are played out just serve as a fantasy for their own enjoyment. It's unrealistic romance and unlikely situations that perhaps do act as a release from the frustrations of living in the male-dominated, gender binary reinforcing society that we live in.

Saki is more like the way things should be, so maybe that's why fujoshi means rotten girl. Saki is a good girl because she wants actual people who are different from the norm to be seen in a positive light.
evilernie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:24 am Reply with quote
well the series is now finished for the time being and i have to say even thought it spent its energy on the bl fujoshi breed of otaku i really enjoyed this season. the hato and madarame (madarame is my fave character in the series) interactions were interesting it. was also nice to see alot of development and growth of the remaining original members. the tanaka and ohno scenes near the end espically were excellent. i hope for another series or at least a few ova's in the future.

i rated it a very good mostly because im not in to the bl fandom so it seemed like i missed something in how i related the the characters that i didn't with the previous seasons and there use of the general otaku fandom. otherwise it would have been a category higher.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:21 am Reply with quote
A bit awkward that they remind us that they never animated the first group trip, such a huge honking hole in the series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:37 am Reply with quote
I rated this show very good. Overall, it was definitely a fun experience and I hope there will be another season in the future. Sue is just too cute and this episode also had doses of cuteness in them!

Lol @ the spoiler[AOT reference] though. Haha.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:53 pm Reply with quote
loved that Attack on Titan reference.

Spastic Minnow wrote:
honking

I see what you did there
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7