• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
High School DxD New (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:

So, seeing how Rias got jealous over Akeno's attention on Issei {didn't she know finger sucking is a gateway action?} but never with Asia would imply that she sees Asia as more of a pet than a woman.

my guess is that Rias knows that Issei thinks of Asia as something like a little sister that needs to be protected, and not a love interest. Thus, Asia is currently not a threat.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:54 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Animegomaniac wrote:

So, seeing how Rias got jealous over Akeno's attention on Issei {didn't she know finger sucking is a gateway action?} but never with Asia would imply that she sees Asia as more of a pet than a woman.

my guess is that Rias knows that Issei thinks of Asia as something like a little sister that needs to be protected, and not a love interest. Thus, Asia is currently not a threat.

Not just that but she is more of the innocent type and still on the early stage of discovering love. Akeno on the other hand is much more seductive with her teasing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:17 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 8

I think I was watching this series wrong up to now having watched half of the episode on low quality censored before switching to high-quality uncensored.

Lol at the spoiler[student prez's elder sister and Rias's father]. Also would Issei finally get a clue from what Rias just did, and also Asia too. Asia's expression earlier was priceless.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:23 am Reply with quote
so you've been watching it censored up until halfway through this episode?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:31 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
so you've been watching it censored up until halfway through this episode?

I think that I may have unknowingly been watching it censored, but I was getting really frustrated with the episode this time around compared to how I felt last week. I don't think I am necessarily being perverted, but I found the inclusion of nipples and good quality to enhance the enjoyment compared with usually being fine with less.

To be honest I can't really recall if I was watching censored, but I also can't recall seeing nipples either before last episode. There is a really weird gap in my memory, like it did not even register.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:35 am Reply with quote
giant red floating winged D's and mystery light beams censor this show. did you see any of that?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:43 am Reply with quote
I think, my mind partially knew but I just did not register it, only becoming aware of it after their absence.
jl07045

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:13 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I think, my mind partially knew but I just did not register it, only becoming aware of it after their absence.

The unconscious knows when something is as it shouldn't be. Very Happy
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah, spoiler[new character] next week.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 8
This episode felt a bit slow but some decent info revealed by Vali in the beginning there. Oh and I couldn't keep a straight face @ the spoiler[cosplay] this episode.

Did Issei just receive another spoiler[kiss? That lucky bastard. Next time is a new character] so looking forward to it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:18 am Reply with quote
I wanna see more of spoiler[Serafall], she seems like a lot of fun.

with so many new characters showing up almost every episode, and seemingly many more to come, I am so very grateful Funimation got this show. far less of a chance for VA's pulling double or triple duty and more opportunities to hear lesser used talent.

Stark700 wrote:

This episode felt a bit slow

cant be action packed all the time. got have a breather every now and then
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:29 pm Reply with quote
I've been wondering about this for awhile. do we know how old Rias is? Is she really only 17 years old, or is she far older and just stays in high school because it's the best place to find new recruits?
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:57 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
I am so very grateful Funimation got this show.

Having just recently gotten and finsihed the BD for season 1, I was looking forward to watching but shut it off after the first 5 minutes on funi. I just see no point to watching this in censored, low-res form.

I can live without fan service and full-on nudity, but the little floating pasties/icons or streak lines or whatever are just so irritating that I'd just rather wait for a year and get the BD, which will hopefully have a dub.

Speaking to the first season, I found the way they handled the sex comedy rather appealing and a bit different from what I have seen before. Issei and his friends are obnoxious as is usual but most of the girls led by Rias have a more tolerant and sometime even friendly reaction to it. It leads to scenes where Issei is interacting with some girl with her body exposed but he is acting out some other emotion other than the tiresome horniness and leering/drooling crap.

Even more fun this sex-positive attitude seems to infect the VAs working on the dub. Jamie Marchi: "If I looked that good I'd go around naked all the time too."

It is all pretty immature but fun. More importantly the setup makes it seem like it has somewhere to go with a more mature Issei and girls. I was hoping to see if this develops in Season 2 but I guess I'll have to wait.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:36 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
I've been wondering about this for awhile. do we know how old Rias is? Is she really only 17 years old, or is she far older and just stays in high school because it's the best place to find new recruits?

I'm not sure if she's physically 17, as demon biology might not match humanity's. Though by demon standards she is that young.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:42 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
getchman wrote:
I am so very grateful Funimation got this show.

Having just recently gotten and finsihed the BD for season 1, I was looking forward to watching but shut it off after the first 5 minutes on funi. I just see no point to watching this in censored, low-res form.

I can live without fan service and full-on nudity, but the little floating pasties/icons or streak lines or whatever are just so irritating that I'd just rather wait for a year and get the BD, which will hopefully have a dub.

Pretty much this.

The censorship on this show is annoying to watch on Funimation. I have watched it only once I believe and it was irritating because of the lights. Then again, the site itself also has problems of its own with its glitchy design.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10