• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fantasista Doll (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:00 pm Reply with quote
I don't think there are much in common with them at all.
They are not even actually dolls, to begin with, but human if we go by looks.
No, I don't feel anything in common with them, not even minimal influence.
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Heinzendegger wrote:
I don't think there are much in common with them at all.
They are not even actually dolls, to begin with, but human if we go by looks.
No, I don't feel anything in common with them, not even minimal influence.

Agreed. If anything, it feels more like Yu-Gi-Oh! meets Digimon, to be honest.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Bango

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:16 am Reply with quote
Ep5- AKA "Screw labour laws, this package needs delivered. Go kid go!"

I felt the spoiler[job choices] were pretty amusing. Looks like everyone had fun. I always liked matching jobs or sports or music types to characters.

Katia's hair makes me hungry for these candy swirl rolls I used to get when I was a kid. They don't make them anymore though. I'm glad I have an flatscreen because it'd be a pain to try and bite them if I still had a CRT.

The funniest part for me matched the last episode's one. It's like every time that guy shows up in public I can picture the scene from a bystander's perspective and it cracks me right up.

A co-worker who's a huge yaoi fan is apparently already dreaming about cooking guy and the one he was with. That was fast but pretty obvious.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:32 am Reply with quote
Such a cute show. With Daybreak Illusion being kind of dark (in a good way), I like the contrast of a breezy type of Magical Girl show.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:08 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

Sometimes there are just so many things wrong that it just becomes awesomely right, and this episode had it in spades, not saying that it is accident but on purpose. Actually wonder if there is some odd way that it is trying to be straight and I have been enjoying it for the wrong reason.

The biggest lol was that they all somehow got spoiler[part time jobs, which is ridiculous enough], actually I have to point them out to show how funny they are. For one Katia, who looks spoiler[like a helpless child, was somehow able to get a delivery job when it seems very likely she has no idea about addresses, which of course she doesn't, great job screening.] Madeleine was spoiler[a hot model (how could she just get that)], Shimeji did spoiler[a bus tour (how can she even do that]), Sasara was spoiler[doing a very manly fishing job] (what the..), and lastly (I saved this for last), Akari wasspoiler[ working at a gun store]. Anime smile Forget what I said earlier, there is no way they are actually marketing this to kids.

It did help that the rest of the episode included having spoiler[dumb/plot luck as being an actual ability that] Katia apparently has. This allowed a spoiler[nurse doll to get attacked by a dog, and a doll based off a mother with a pram to go flying into a river], usually possibly horrific allusions to things, but comedy here. And of course the cosplayer mask (I need a nickname to describe how crazy this guy looks) made more ridiculous moments, including doing the most cliché cover up ever, and spoiler[sweet talking by calling her mademoiselle], which seems to work. Laughing

I should be annoyed by the awful story and many plot holes, but I just keep liking this, it is like all those problems don't even matter. And also gripped this time by the adorably done Miko, and her new friendship with Katia. I can't recall if I remembered to mention that there might be something to the fact that Uzume's family name is also the name of a popular card game.
Bango

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:56 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
(I need a nickname to describe how crazy this guy looks)

A comrade of mine uses Fabulous Mask.

Fantasista is a great example of how a show can be completely stupid but still be fun. Seeing the topic on here "What fanservice shows can learn from Free!" makes me think of "What stupid shows can learn from Fantasista." It has so many traits shared with extremely bad shows but it still manages to be an enjoyable show.

*considering the irony of a Fantasista Doll Ani-Mayhem set.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Such a cute show. With Daybreak Illusion being kind of dark (in a good way), I like the contrast of a breezy type of Magical Girl show.

It is strange because when they got into the "abusive boyfriend" side character in FD that felt much darker to me in tone than the opening episode death of the friend in Daybreak Illusion.
It probably had something to due with the nature that I expected DI to go there where with FD I honestly expected it to be more in the realm of Precure.
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:35 pm Reply with quote
For the few of us who have been watching, we're out of luck this week; episode 6 have been delayed until next week. Great. It's Girls und Panzer all over again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Bango wrote:

Fantasista is a great example of how a show can be completely stupid but still be fun. Seeing the topic on here "What fanservice shows can learn from Free!" makes me think of "What stupid shows can learn from Fantasista." It has so many traits shared with extremely bad shows but it still manages to be an enjoyable show.

I was thinking the same. I shouldn't be enjoying this show as much as I am. It's completely a paint by numbers show designed to sell otaku merch, but it's so much fun.
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Hm. spoiler[A single doll with several masters. That's interesting].
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:30 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

Lol, they called "Lord Rafflesia" out on being odd.

It took me a little while to figure out what was happening with the beginning that kept spoiler[jumping as I thought that there was something wrong the video, turned out it was just suppose to show she didn't realize what day it was]. This episode was odd in a few ways. The random cuts were worse than usual.

At least the sisters got some part.
Bango

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:58 am Reply with quote
[This post is in short form because I'm on a treadmill which makes it very hard to type]

Right at the start of the episode I was thinking how I love that school uniform. Then I realized it reminds me of the one Kururu and Crea wear in a Puppet Princess 2 shitajiki I have. LOL

It's also kind of cool that anyone walking on the street could be a doll and you'd never know it.

Wow. That club room is getting kind of full.

Some really odd cuts persist all throughout the episode and not just at the start when they make sense. Budget issues? Maybe.

You played Form of the Squirrel! Sorry, but that card is banned! Disqualified! Loose your ante!

Actually this was a pretty neat plot for an episode. I was talking with comrades about the doll/human relationship compared with those of masters/servants in FSN and this option came up. I'm kind of glad the show dealt with it. I wasn't so happy with the final resolution scene though. It felt more like a punchline to a joke that wasn't there.
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:04 pm Reply with quote
So it looks like I'm not the only one who's wondering why only Uzume's being hounded for her cards even though another character unrelated to this "Group" has cards/dolls of her own, and this character has acknowledged it in-universe. Looks like they're making that a plot point later on.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:06 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[I lost my mind to laughter when the cannon appeared and they finally did there team attack, you see it coming yet it is still unfathomable]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:13 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

Oh no the enemy are using team work, how can they overcome that. spoiler[Friendship Cannon]! How the pieces went together was indeed fitting. Although I would have liked them to use the spoiler[missile costume] for Sasara.

Just noticed that Katia's wardrobe includes the fish outfit.

Also Girls und Panzer, sorry Fantasista Doll your doing it wrong. Razz

Was the episode implying that spoiler[the friend that Uzume has at different school Is actually a doll, the one that took out her entire team]?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6