• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANN site issues?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
configspace

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Confused

Sorry to post here instead of some other subforum, but the site is so sporadically unusable I just decided to "Post" to see if it'll work.

In the middle of a long replies. 500 and 503 errors and what not. Yeah. I think I'm gonna taking a break...

Mods, feel free to delete.
Razz
Tr1ckR

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:23 am Reply with quote
yeah the site takes forever to load and a lot of the time im getting error messages. Started yesterday i think
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, there have been some issues. Even as a mod on the Fast server, I've been having some loading issues the past 2 or 3 days. If it's an important enough issue, I'm sure Dan will address it as needed.
Ignatz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Seeing chibi Steins;Gate characters so often is slowly becoming very annoying...
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Sorry for the troubles everyone. We've been upgrading the servers' hardware; and when a server is offline for maintenance it means the other servers are getting more load. But even taking that into account the performance has been horrible. It seems there are some issues to resolve but we're working on it...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:52 pm Reply with quote
the sites very slow, also some times the log in will not work.

the site will not allow you to open the news links as well some times this happens alto today.
chefneer
Aria Company

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:01 pm Reply with quote
The site just forgot who I am, or it blew away my login cookie. Fortunately it remembered my password, but this hasn't happened in quite a while.
configspace

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Dan & Tony.

I don't know if it will be left this way, but I am encountering a strange issue:
For the NEWS: Aniplex USA Streams Kill la Kill Ad With English Subtitles

I attempted to post a reply 3 times, with each instance timing out.
When I go back to look at the thread, also refreshing uncached, I do not see my reply.
But when I click on Post Reply to enter reply mode, then I do see my previously attempted 3 posts in the thread below the post composition box/section

edit: so the duplicate posts did finally appear in the thread, which I've edited out now, because I could not actually delete them
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:54 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
edit: so the duplicate posts did finally appear in the thread, which I've edited out now, because I could not actually delete them

I got rid of 'em for ya'.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Sorry to bring this up again but is anyone else getting an abundance of 520 & 522 error messages?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kyokun703

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, can't get on through fast, only www.
chefneer
Aria Company

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Today I've been getting a lot of messages, apparently from the ANN servers, telling me that the website is unavailable. That, or a Cloudflare message indicating that my browser is working, Cloudflare Dallas is working, but ANN is not working.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:31 am Reply with quote
It seems an internal error caused our servers to reboot several times (!!!) thus being unavailable between 18:43-18:48, 18:58-19:03, 19:11-19:21, 21:07-21:12 (EST) on saturday. I'm working on mitigating that kind of problem in the future. Sorry for the trouble.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1