• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hyperdimension Neptunia the Animation (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2
Oh God, Rom and Ram are just freaking adorable even though they are somewhat pranksters Anime hyper. Abnes kinda annoys me though, not only because of her voice but her style...

Anyways, okay episode. The action was a bit lame though and the Goddesses are too OP. Still, it was kinda amusing. And oh God that ED song.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bango

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:56 pm Reply with quote
I haven't found any evidence to support this and Mk2 was a long time ago for me so I don't even remember how I got this into my head but it somehow stuck.

Trick= ImageEpoch (Criminal Girls)
Judge= From Software (Armoured Core)
Brave = Banpresto (Super Robot Wars)

For some reason that's stuck with me this entire time. But as I said I have no idea if it's true.

Also a friend pointed out something I didn't notice. The ending animation shows IF, Compa, Mages and 5pb but none of the other Makers.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Finally got around to watching the first episode and while I have no knowledge of the ... game series?... this is based on, I'm enjoying the character designs, SFX, voice work and characters, especially the console/portable relationships. If the show ever gets a plot, we're good to go.

Favorite line from the first: "This is the famous 'sign you can't read from behind'!" Yep, definitely a Saturn {The early days of 3D gaming were tough, weren't they?}.

Sad that the only thing which catches most people's attention were the breasts jiggling and bouncing.

Also, a world where Sega's not only still making marketable consoles but is also still a contender on the portable front? Definitely a fantasy world, we didn't even need the slimes and the dragon to point that one out.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:43 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Finally got around to watching the first episode and ...

And this is where I diverge from you. This episode is remarkable in how boring it is and where everything is totally contrived. The high point was the licking monster and I was totally on his side and they knocked him over the horizon. The artwork it OK but there are many interesting anime where the artwork is better.

Don't worry -- I won't be bothering y'all about my ongoing opinions because I'm dropping this one.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Mk2 plot time?...

Ok after last week's CFW and everyone's fav underling I was confused about what they were doing plot wise. Since the kidnapping plot happened in chp 3 of Mk2.

Yet now we see a repeat of the game graveyard scene from the prologue of MK2....

Ngl I really wish the anime would decide what it wants to do plot wise, is it doing it's own new thing or sticking to the games. Because I rather just see one or the other.

----
As for this week's episode, 5pb *w* the concert scene at the start was great. I hope she joins the party down the line which makes sense if they really are doing the Mk2 story.

Overall it was a good episode, I think it mixed a good balance of silly to serious and if it sticks that way pacing wise the rest of the anime should be fine.
Bango

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm fine with how they're handling the adaptation. Depending on how long it ends up going on for they might fit in the major events from both games which would require some shuffling of plot. I already beat the games several times over so I'm glad I'm not just seeing the same stuff all over again. It keeps it fresh for the existing fans while making it easy for new fans to join in.

Pretty good episode. High fanservice quotient which I always appreciate. But even ignoring that it was still a very screenshot-friendly one. And IF managed to squeeze in more awesome moments which is always appreciated.
Bango

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Ep4-

It tore my heart apart having to decide between this and Il Sole. So I'd just like to take a moment to thank the newly opened car dealership near the coffee shop I was at for not protecting their wifi.

On topic that was a fun episode. I love seeing Iffy with a gun. Also love that joke with a certain other Compile Heart title. My only beef with the ep is that it felt like it wasn't moving quick enough. It was almost like everything in the ep could've been squeezed into the first half or a little more.

Stay after the credits kids. It's well worth it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:15 am Reply with quote
I love the after credits bits. This onespoiler[ implied that IF was secretly taking risky photos of Compile], I smell yuri.

I like Nepgear, so the episode had its good parts. Also despite have so many loli moments, it sure seems to hate lolicons.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:50 am Reply with quote
The after credits bit was my fav so far out of them.

Anyway ep 4 was good, but yeah I agree that the pace was a little off, they could have done everything within half an episode but since this is a 2 ep arc they decided to take it slower. I don't mind but I just felt like the episode was dragged out.

Can't wait for the next episode and hopefully the other transformations
Vylash

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Truly the next Sailor Moon, except good
Bango

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:15 pm Reply with quote
I thought Ram and Rom were in a Power Wheels at the first shot of the car. LOL that would've been awesome.

Like the last episode I kind of feel they could've slimmed his one down a bit more. Perhaps fluffed up last episode in a different way and then had this episode contain the last half of the last episode and a condensed version of this entire episode.

Again, the after-credits scene is pure gold. Before the credits we get a new face! Well, new to the anime. spoiler[Vert is about to meet her match when Peashy gets her transformation.] Arriving at the same time as the Kinect... spoiler[Peashy, you're SOOOOOOOO LATE!.]

It was nice to see Arfoire with a spoiler[unique transformation]. I still like spoiler[CFW Magic's design] more though.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:58 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

I don't think that I have mentioned yet that I quite like the OP song, it both sounds and looks good, and the tune has gotten stuck in my head before. Good thing (maybe bad) that I downloaded the full version. The ED is also not bad, it is quite catchy, although I am not such a big fan of seeing the girls on top of some huge breasts.

As for the episode, spoiler[Ram and Rom's transformation kind of came out of nowhere, like deciding to beat someone was the big thing they had to overcome, while Nepgear's was kind of a big thing last time.] I thought that the middle of the episode got very dramatic, I almost spoiler[allowed myself to be fooled they would actually lose], so good work done there. Got some feels out of me.

I liked Nepgear, she kicks ass, seems genuinely nice, her personality stuck despite going into ass kicking mode, and not only spoiler[cheers her sister up, but goes to Vert also who does not have a sister].
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:33 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Oh hi PC, do you know when Plutia is showing up?]
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:54 am Reply with quote
Ngl I'm glad the mk2 arc is over, I found how the anime handled Nepgear and the other cpu transformations a bit too well it's not as bad as the game's. spoiler[ considering Gear had to see IF nearly get beaten half to death before she got over her shortcomings and transformed in the games.] compared to the anime going spoiler[ I just didn't want to be stronger than my sister and friends!! even though I'm still going to use teamwork to defeat the bad guys!!]

I'm sad that Uni didn't get a transformation scene, considering we got a very interesting twin one for Rom and Ram.

Overall it was good, a bit forced and friendshipy but it stayed sort of true to the point mk2 tried to get across. Also dat ending spoiler[hi Peashy]. Guess we're going full speed in to the V centered plot soon-ish.

Next week's a Lastsation ep so hopefully we get some Noire and Uni bonding time.
Bango

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Ep6-
I'd give anything to have Anon's view at the start. LOL.

Oh, we finally get a good look at the fauxneptune's controller. ... Crap that thing is ugly. And playing some Mugen Souls offspring-looking thing.

D'aaaaw the Playstation family got spoiler[a pet bandicoot. Let's see how long they can keep him before he starts living with all the girls.]

I was actually kind of surprised when V dealt with spoiler[the network hacking stuff. It seemed pretty recent to have time to be a major plot focus of a game, especially with CH's lack of money.]

Totally laughed my ass off at the entire spoiler[Bill scene]. I was hoping they'd do a gag like that.

I always loved the touching moments between Uni and Noire. They're really nice to OH MY GOD SHE'S HERE RUN FOR YOUR LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVES!

Oh, yes. And it wouldn't be a Neptune episode without an awesome outtake at the end. More comedy animes need to do this. It's just as (if not more) enjoyable as having guest artwork.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5