• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tiger and Bunny (TV) (all seasons + movies).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:28 pm Reply with quote
I thought they planned 3 films from the beginning?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:21 pm Reply with quote
I remember them only announcing the 2.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:39 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
I thought they planned 3 films from the beginning?

There are only two announced so far from what I've known.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
joshuafer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:54 pm Reply with quote
I am considering buying this series, but had some questions about it. All I have heard is the basic premise from the Encyclopedia. How violent and graphic is it on a scale of 1-10 ? Episodic or storyarcs ? Bad language ? Mostly action ? Some comedy ? Drama ? Romace ? What age would you say it is suitable for? I appreciate anyone takng the time to answer all those questions!

Last edited by joshuafer on Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Please edit your OP with the below in mind:
Tony K. wrote:
1. If asking for a (single) particular title, for example: "Is Azumanga Daioh any good," make sure you tell everyone what you've heard about that title so far (if anything, even if it's just a plot summary), what your expectations might be, and also mention series of the same genre you think could be a good reference source.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:36 pm Reply with quote
joshuafer wrote:
I am considering buying this series, but had some questions about it. How violent and graphic is it on a scale of 1-10 ? Episodic or storyarcs ? Bad language ? Mostly action ? Some comedy ? Drama ? Romace ? What age would you say it is suitable for ? I appreciate anyone takng the time to answer all those questions!

T&B is, flat-out, a super-hero series. Its level of language and violence is comparable to live-action movies like the Iron Man and X-Men franchises or Avengers and its sexual content is limited to Blue Rose's sexy outfit. The only other content it has which some might find objectionable is that it has a very demonstrably gay character in a major role. It has both overarching and shorter-term story arcs which compose most of the series and is fairly heavy on character development even in the handful of episodes which don't feed into those arcs. While calling it even partly a comedy would be a stretch, it mostly has a more light-hearted attitude overall. Its official age range is 14+, but I wouldn't hesitate to show it to anyone that you would allow to see any of the aforementioned movies.

We have multiple reviews for the series up on its Encyclopedia page. I suggest checking those out for more detailed information.

(And nbahn is correct, BTW.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
joshuafer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:19 am Reply with quote
I have read the review, and it sounds like an anime I will enjoy. I was asking so many questions because my brother and I were discussing it, and we were wondering if it would be appropriate for us to watch while his 5 year old is running around. I wanna get him hooked on anime early! Hence my concern about bad language ( the other day he told me darn was a bad word, heh ) and gore. I think I will order it and watch it solo first. Thanks for the answers, you can delete this post if you wanna.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 25 of 25