• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Advent Children Delayed, Possible Theatrical Release

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baal Zebul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:13 am Reply with quote
They had better have that last order thing with it AND a theatrical relese, this has gone on long enough.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DJ Ranma S

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:52 am Reply with quote
Baal Zebul wrote:
They had better have that last order thing with it AND a theatrical relese, this has gone on long enough.

Well the theatrical release is one of the reasons for the dealy from what I heard.
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:08 pm Reply with quote
I think what he means is that the Theatrical release should be on level with Spirits Within, and not limited to "major City run." SE owes us that much for making us wait this long.
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:35 pm Reply with quote
DJ Ranma S wrote:
Well Ataru, when one of the hosts works for the distribution company that releases videogames, you tend to hear it first hand before anyone else does. ^^
It a better answer then, "My brother knows a person that can get information for a person that works SquareEnix." What's that guy's job. Jantor.
Baal Zebul wrote:
Once again, it might not work out for them. FF: SW didn't do to hot for, well, typical "VG made to movie." probelms. While the AC is pretty good movie, people that didn't play the game, and that's alot people, won't understand what the heck is going on. Wide releases does sound great on paper, but over the months of delays, to most fans that had waited to see it, don't find it all that interesting anymore, either due on part of P2P or got tried of the wait.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
DJ Ranma S

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:50 am Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
DJ Ranma S wrote:
Well Ataru, when one of the hosts works for the distribution company that releases videogames, you tend to hear it first hand before anyone else does. ^^
It a better answer then, "My brother knows a person that can get information for a person that works SquareEnix." What's that guy's job. Jantor.

No genius he is a sales rep and he talks to reps from Nintendo, Sony, Sega, SE, Konami, Midway, and so forth.

If you listen to the podcast, you'd know that genius. Smile
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:46 pm Reply with quote
DJ Ranma S wrote:
Ataru wrote:
DJ Ranma S wrote:

No genius he is a sales rep and he talks to reps from Nintendo, Sony, Sega, SE, Konami, Midway, and so forth.

If you listen to the podcast, you'd know that genius. Smile
You misunderstood me. I didn't say the guy was a jantor. If you say the guy is a sales rep and he has connects to all the big swingers, I'll take your word for it. That jantor bit is from other cases from people in the know that don't know.

The reason why I know there is a delay, isn't because I know someone in the biz, is becasue there hasn't been any ads of any sort (websites, TV, magizines). If SE had plan on releasing it anytime soon, you see ads everywhere about the movie. When I see an ad with a date and not from online store, they I'll know it's coming. But for now, SE is will keep on delaying it and keep losing money to people that download it from the long wait.

-- Ataru, Genius
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
DJ Ranma S

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:52 pm Reply with quote
My bad, I read that wrong.

Oh and the theatrical release from what I'm hearing would be limited since SE wants it in IMAX theaters only and we all know that not all of theaters have that.
.Sy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Baal Zebul wrote:
I don't know about the theatrical release, but I specifically checked to see if Last Order would be included, and that doesn't seem to be the case. I doubt a 30 dollar list price covers something like that. Unless they feel extra nice, which obviously isn't the case.

Edit - I didn't read the news post. So now it's going to be March 28th? Ugh, where's that portable drive of mine? I need to use my school's connection speed...j/k, I don't have the time for it. Anyway, I'll just amuse myself with a stoy with plot.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6