• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Any anime online shops 'in Canada' besides Aamzon.ca

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scorpioEDC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Anybody knows if there are any anime online shops in Canada offer free shipping besides Amazon.ca?

I am tied of Amazon. I placed my order on Appleseed limited edition (with a figure) in April but they still haven't shipped the item to me.

I deal with Amazon.ca because they offer free shipping in Canada. However, all the US online shops only offer free shipping in the States.

Thanks in advance.
NeoMM

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:10 pm Reply with quote
scorpioEDC wrote:
Anybody knows if there are any anime online shops in Canada offer free shipping besides Amazon.ca?

I am tied of Amazon. I placed my order on Appleseed limited edition (with a figure) in April but they still haven't shipped the item to me.

I deal with Amazon.ca because they offer free shipping in Canada. However, all the US online shops only offer free shipping in the States.

Thanks in advance.

There are a couple DVD stores in Canada that offer free shipping besides Amazon.ca. DVDSoon.com is an ok one that gives you free shipping if you buy 3 items or more and one has the words "free shipping" in the topic. They are ok, and have treated me good in the past. However, they don't usually have the items on hand (just like amazon) and when you order, they have to order them all in. Oh, and dvdsoon has temporarially boycotted Bandai for their pitiful Canadian distribution techiques/company setup. Also, some of their new ADV stuff is really cheap there.

There is also DVDBoxOffice.com. I haven't personally used them before, but they advertise free airmail shipping worldwide. Their prices are usually a couple of dollars more than DVDSoon, but I don't believe that they require 3 items to get free shipping. (Don't quote me on that)

Anyways, I hope this helps.

---EDIT---

I can no longer recommend DVDSoon since they have long wait times, horrible customer service, and unfair business principles. I have read from other buyers as well as myself and it seems that we have all come to the same sentiment.
steelecomics

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:41 pm Reply with quote
At Steele Comics (which is a company I run) we'll ship to Canada. But for all orders outside of the US, you usually have to place an order through our special orders e-mail though ([email protected]). Unfortunately there isn't free shipping on any of our items, but since everything is highly discounted from retail prices you usually save more anyways by just going with us and paying for the shipping.

Our shipping is usually pretty low compared to other online stores, since a lot of them raise their regular shipping rates and product prices to make up for the free shipping.

So check us out if you would like. Most likely in the next few days we are going to be updating our checkout program to make it avaiable for orders in Canada as well. Also right now we are considering a few specials to be offerred with free shipping.
odango

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:01 pm Reply with quote
I know that DVD soon has been bought by another company so may be the way they do business will change.

I tried recently www.cinemaclock.ca and they have good prices and relatively fast shipping. I bought Princess Tutu vol. 2 for 25 $CAN and the first part of the second season of Gargoyles for 38$CAN. Shipping was 2$ (big deal Smile ).

I regularly buy my anime from amazon.ca because you can get really cheap princes on pre-orders. If you've been waiting for your appleseed DVDs fot that long I would try sending an e-mail, maybe they lost you order : happened to me recently, customer service was able to see my order on my account but not in their database (go figure Rolling Eyes )
Azumangaman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Cinemalock has good prices, but everything seems to be on backorder. It's annoying waiting 2-8 WEEKS for some movies. I might try it though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1