• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: More Ah! My Goddess

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:02 pm Reply with quote
AstroNerdBoy wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:
You can pretty much expect a second seaons. Now I wonder if they'll keep the series on the air until the manga ends?

Considering the manga is produced at the rate of one chapter per month, it wouldn't take to many series/seasons to completely catch up with the manga.

Are you serious?

Ah My Goddess has been running since 1989, man. Unless "not too long" in your book is 100+ episodes over the span of a few years, then OK.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Plus, while this is, relatively-speaking, a more faithful adaptation of the manga than the previous two animated efforts in that most of the major events are rooted in the manga, it's not a panel-for-panel adaptation and they did add a substantial amount of filler to stretch things out a bit (like pretty much everything in the first episode prior to the introduction of Belldandy).

As such, even assuming back-to-back seasons keep on getting the greenlight (which is far from a sure thing as these sorts of seinen shows rarely get more than 48-52 episodes), it's not like there aren't a million ways they could pad the story out with Bewitched-esque magical shenanigans should they ever catch up to the manga.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2